Lakeside Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Adult patrons are invited to join us at the Mentor-on-the-Lake branch in order to discuss that month’s selected book. Space is limited. Refreshments will be provided.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Wednesday…
- November 5, we will discuss The Last Chinese Chef by Nichole Mones.
- December 3, we will discuss Skipping Christmas by John Grisham.
- January 7, 2015, we will discuss The Tiger by Valliant.
The Profilers book club meets to discuss Thriller, Suspense, True Crime, Noir, Detective & Mystery novels.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Tuesday…
- December 2nd, we will discuss Snowman by Jo Nesbo.
- We will not have a meeting in January. Happy Holidays!
- February 3, we will discuss The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler.
Teen Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Hey, teens… why should adults have all the fun? Stop by the Lake Branch for a book club that’s just for you! No tests, no grades–no stress! Meetings are held from 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. on the first Saturday of the month.
From 2:00-3:30 pm on Saturday…
- November 1st, we will be discussing Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs.
- December 6th, we will be discussing a book I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga.
- January 3rd, we will having our New Year Party where we will be discussing the books we are currently reading and give each other recommendations.
For more information Call Ariel J. at 440-257-2512.
Book Club for Men
Join male readers to discuss books of interest.
- November 17th, we will meet to discuss Bernard Bailyn’s To Begin the World Anew: The Genius and Ambiguities of the American Founders.From 7-8:30 pm, on Monday…
- There will be no meeting in December. Happy Holidays!
- January 19th, we will meet to discuss Sherman Alexie’s Indian Killer.
- February 16th, we will meet to discuss John Domenic Crossan’s Jesus: A Revolutionary Biography.
Light refreshments will be served. Book Club for Men is free and open to the public. For a copy of the book or for more information, contact John F. at 440.255.8811, ext. 215 or email John.Foster@MentorPL.org. Click to see the Book Club for Men’s 2014 Book List.
Senior Center Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W., on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 1:30-3:00 pm at the Mentor Senior Center, for a stimulating discussion of the bestsellers, classics and more.
From 1:30-3:00 pm on Wednesday…
- November 19th, we will discuss The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty.
- December 17th, we will discuss The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom.
- January 21st, we will discuss Sister by Rosamund Lupton.
Headlands Branch Book Club
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Adult patrons are invited to join us at the Headlands Community Center for the Mentor Public Library – Headlands Branch Book Club.
This month we will discuss Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes. Light Refreshments will be served. Registration is required.
For additional information contact Pam Rose @ 440-257-2000.
- December 17, we will discuss Pearl of China by Anchie Min.
- January 21, 2015, we will discuss The Ice Princess by Camilla Lackberg.
- February 18, 2015, we will discuss Await Your Reply by Dan Choan.
Book and Brush Club
Join Librarian Barb Hauer for a lively discussion of art historical novels featuring works by various artists.
From 6:30-8 pm, on Wednesday…
- There is no book discussion in December. Happy Holidays!
- January 28th, 2015, the book we will discuss is Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey by the Countess of Carnarvon.
- February 25th, the book we will discuss is The Painted Girls by Cathy Marie Buchanan.
Monday Night Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W. for a stimulating discussion of bestselling books. The book club regularly meets on the 4th Monday of the month.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Monday…
- November 24th, we will meet to discuss Orphan Train by Christina Kline.
- There will be meeting in December. Happy Holidays!
- January 26th, we will meet to discuss Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky.
20′s / 30′s Readers
Readers in their 20′s /30′s meet on the last Wednesday of the month, at varying restaurants in Mentor, in order to discuss popular books.
From 6:30-8:00 pm, on Wednesday…
- November 19th, we will meet at Thai Orchid (7329 Mentor Ave) to discuss Jeneration X by Jen Lancaster.
- There is no book discussion scheduled for December.
- January 28th, we will meet at Aladdin’s (8870 Mentor Ave) to discuss The Necklace by Cheryl Jarvis.
- February 25th, we will meet at The Jade Tree (7673 Mentor Ave) to discuss The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.
Since we will be a meeting at a restaurant, the library will provide an appetizer for the table. For more information, and to get a copy of the book, contact Kristin at 440-255-8811 ext. 215 or email Kristin.Milks@MentorPl.org. What are we reading? Click to see our 2014 or the 2015 book list.
Looking for more books by your favorite author, or want to explore similar authors? Not sure of the next book in the series you’re reading? Then you need NoveList Plus, a comprehensive online readers’ advisory tool. Using NoveList, you can search among hundreds of thousands of popular fiction and readable nonfiction titles, and also retrieve author read-alikes, book lists, book discussion guides, and more.