The Profilers book club meets to discuss Thriller, Suspense, True Crime, Noir, Detective & Mystery novels.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Tuesday…
- March 1st, we will discuss Sister by Rosamund Lupton.
- April 5th, we will discuss Hercule Poirot books (no specific titles) by Agatha Christie.
- May 3rd, we will discuss Working Stiff by Judy Melinek & T.J. Mitchell.
Lakeside Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Adult patrons are invited to join us at the Mentor-on-the-Lake branch in order to discuss that month’s selected book. Space is limited. Refreshments will be provided.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Wednesday…
- March 2nd, we will be discussing The Girls of Atomic City: The Untold Story of the Women Who Helped Win WWII by Denise Kierman.
- April 6th, we will be discussing Dollbaby by Laura Land McNeal.
- May 4th, we will be discussing Maine by Courtney Sullivan.
Teen Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Hey, teens… why should adults have all the fun? Stop by the Lake Branch for a book club that’s just for you! No tests, no grades–no stress! Meetings are held from 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. on the first Saturday of the month.
From 2:00-3:30 pm on Saturday…
- March 5th, we will be discussing The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson.
- April 2nd, we will be discussing The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau.
- May 7th, we will be discussing I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson.
Book Club for Men
Join male readers to discuss books of interest.
- February 15th, we will meet to discuss Eleanor Catton’s The Luminaries.
- March 21st, we will meet to discuss Jon Ronson’s The Psychopath Test.
- April 18th, we will meet to discuss Joshua Ferris’ To Rise Again at a Decent Hour.
Light refreshments will be served. Book Club for Men is free and open to the public. For a copy of the book or for more information, contact John F. at 440.255.8811, ext. 215 or email John Foster.
Senior Center Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W., on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 1:30-3:00 pm at the Mentor Senior Center, for a stimulating discussion of the bestsellers, classics and more.
From 1:30-3:00 pm on Wednesday…
- February 17th, we will be discussing After I’m Gone by Laura Lippman.
- March 16th, we will be discussing G.I. Brides by Duncan Barrett.
- April 20th, we will be discussing The Aviator’s Wife by Melanie Benjamin.
Headlands Branch Book Club
Adult patrons are invited to join us at the Headlands Community Center for the Mentor Public Library – Headlands Branch Book Club.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Wednesday…
- February 17, we will discuss The Girl Who Came Home by Hazel Gaynor.
- March 16th, we will discuss In the garden of beasts : love, terror, and an American family in Hitler’s Berlin by Erik Larson.
- April 20th, we will discuss The Kommandant’s Girl by Pam Jenoff.
Light Refreshments will be served. Registration is required. For additional information contact Pam Rose @ 440-255-8811, ext. 282 or email Pam Rose.
Monday Night Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W. for a stimulating discussion of bestselling books. The book club regularly meets on the 4th Monday of the month.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Monday…
- February 22, 2016, we will meet to discuss The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott.
- March 28, 2016, we will meet to discuss Still Alice by Lisa Genova.
- April 25, 2016, we will meet to discuss The Light Between the Oceans by M.L. Stedman.
Looking for more books by your favorite author, or want to explore similar authors? Not sure of the next book in the series you’re reading? Then you need NoveList Plus, a comprehensive online readers’ advisory tool. Using NoveList, you can search among hundreds of thousands of popular fiction and readable nonfiction titles, and also retrieve author read-alikes, book lists, book discussion guides, and more.