“It’s a Mystery” Book Club
The “It’s a Mystery” book club meets to discuss Thriller, Suspense, True Crime, Noir, Detective & Mystery novels.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Tuesday…
- August 1, we will be reading and discussing A Stephanie Plum novel (no specific title) by Janet Evanovich.
- September 5, we will discuss Expats by Chris Pavone.
- October 3, we will discuss Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith.
Colorful Characters Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Join us at the Lake Branch for our monthly book and coloring club for adults! We will discuss a different book each month and while we discuss you can enjoy coloring and refreshments.
From 10-11:30 am on Friday…
- August 4, we will be discussing Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed.
- September 1, we will be discussing Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire and Douglas Smith.
- October 13, we will be discussing What the Dead Know by Laura Lippman.
For more information, contact Ragan at 440-257-2512 or email a Lake staff member.
Book Club for Men
Join male readers to discuss books of interest.
From 7-8:30 pm on Monday…
- August 21, we will meet to discuss The Wright Brothers by David McCullough.
- September 18, we will meet to discuss Leaving Berlin by Joseph Kanon.
- October 16, we will meet to discuss On Evil by Terry Eagleton.
Light refreshments will be served. Book Club for Men is free and open to the public. For a copy of the book or for more information, contact John F. at 440.255.8811, ext. 215 or email John Foster.
Senior Center Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W., on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 1:30-3:00 pm at the Mentor Senior Center, for a stimulating discussion of the bestsellers, classics and more.
From 1:30-3:00 pm on Wednesday…
- August 16, we will be discussing The Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck.
- September 20, we will be discussing Circling the Sun by Paula McLain.
- October 18, we will be discussing Princess Elizabeth’s Spy by Susan Elia MacNeal.
Headlands Branch Book Club
Adult patrons are invited to join us at the Headlands Community Center for the Mentor Public Library – Headlands Branch Book Club.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Wednesday…
- August 16, we will be discussing State of Wonder by Ann Patchett.
- September 20, we will be discussing Half Broke Horses by Jeanette Walls.
- October 18, we will be discussing Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks.
Light Refreshments will be served. Registration is required. For additional information contact Pam Rose @ 440-255-8811, ext. 282 or email Pam Rose.
Monday Night Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W. for a stimulating discussion of bestselling books. The book club regularly meets on the 4th Monday of the month.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Monday…
- There is no meeting in July. Happy Summer!
- August 28, we will meet to discuss A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith.
- September 25, we will meet to discuss Hero of the Empire by Candice Millard.
- October 23, we will meet to discuss Circling the Sun by Paula McLain.
Book and Brush Club
Join Librarian Barb Hauer for a lively discussion of art historical novels featuring works by various artists.
From 6:30-8 pm, on Wednesday…
- There is no meeting scheduled for July. Happy Summer!
- August 23, we will meet to discuss The Velvet Hours by Alyson Richman.
- September 27, we will meet to discuss The Last Painting of Sara De Vos by Dominic Smith.
- October 25, we will meet to discuss The Bad-Ass Librarians of Timbuktu and Their Race to Save the World’s Most Precious Manuscripts by Joshua Hammer.
For more information contact Barb Hauer at 440.255.8811, ext. 210, or email Barbara Hauer.
Looking for more books by your favorite author, or want to explore similar authors? Not sure of the next book in the series you’re reading? Then you need NoveList Plus, a comprehensive online readers’ advisory tool. Using NoveList, you can search among hundreds of thousands of popular fiction and readable nonfiction titles, and also retrieve author read-alikes, book lists, book discussion guides, and more.
Plan your adult book discussion group’s season of readings around our sets of books and discussion materials. Check out a set with multiple copies from the library so everyone can be on the same page at the same time. Click here to go to the catalog and see what is available. (If you need additional copies, visit Information Services for assistance in locating more.)