“It’s a Mystery” Book Club
The “It’s a Mystery” book club meets to discuss Thriller, Suspense, True Crime, Noir, Detective & Mystery novels.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Tuesday…
- February 7, we will discuss Left to Die by Lisa Jackson.
- March 7, we will discuss Beekeeper’s Apprentice by Laurie R. King.
- April 4, we will discuss Cat on the Edge by Shirley Rousseau Murphy.
Colorful Characters Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Join us at the Lake Branch for our monthly book and coloring club for adults! We will discuss a different book each month and while we discuss you can enjoy coloring and refreshments.
- February 3, we will be discussing Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.
- March 3, we will be discussing The Paris Wife by Paula McLain.
- April 7, we will be discussing Stuff: Compulsive Hoarding and the Meaning of Things by Randy O. Frost
Book Club for Men
Join male readers to discuss books of interest.
- February 20, we will meet to discuss Dark Matter and the Dinosaurs by Lisa Randall.
- March 20, we will meet to discuss High Dive by Jonathan Lee.
- April 17, we will meet to discuss Valiant Ambition by Nathaniel Philbrick.
Light refreshments will be served. Book Club for Men is free and open to the public. For a copy of the book or for more information, contact John F. at 440.255.8811, ext. 215 or email John Foster.
Senior Center Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W., on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 1:30-3:00 pm at the Mentor Senior Center, for a stimulating discussion of the bestsellers, classics and more.
From 1:30-3:00 pm on Wednesday…
- February 15th, 2017 we will be discussing The Wright Brothers by David McCullough.
- March 15th, we will be discussing A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman.
- April 19, we will be discussing Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng.
Headlands Branch Book Club
Adult patrons are invited to join us at the Headlands Community Center for the Mentor Public Library – Headlands Branch Book Club.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Wednesday…
- February 15, 2017, we will be discussing Mr. Churchhill’s Secretary by Susan MacNeal.
- March 15, we will be discussing Bridal Chair by Gloria Goldreich.
- April 19, we will be discussing The Astronauts Wives Club by Lily Koppel
Light Refreshments will be served. Registration is required. For additional information contact Pam Rose @ 440-255-8811, ext. 282 or email Pam Rose.
Monday Night Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W. for a stimulating discussion of bestselling books. The book club regularly meets on the 4th Monday of the month.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Monday…
- January 23rd, we will meet to discuss The Lake House by Kate Morton.
- February 27th, we will meet to discuss Destiny of the Republic by Candice Millard.
- March 27, we will meet to discuss The 100-Year-Old-Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson.
Book and Brush Club
Join Librarian Barb Hauer for a lively discussion of art historical novels featuring works by various artists.
From 6:30-8 pm, on Wednesday…
- January 25, we will meet to discuss The Muralist by B.A. Shapiro.
- February 22, we will meet to discuss The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild.
- March 22, we will meet to discuss The Vanishing Velazquez by Laura Cumming.
For more information contact Barb Hauer at 440.255.8811, ext. 210, or email Barbara Hauer.
Looking for more books by your favorite author, or want to explore similar authors? Not sure of the next book in the series you’re reading? Then you need NoveList Plus, a comprehensive online readers’ advisory tool. Using NoveList, you can search among hundreds of thousands of popular fiction and readable nonfiction titles, and also retrieve author read-alikes, book lists, book discussion guides, and more.
Plan your adult book discussion group’s season of readings around our sets of books and discussion materials. Check out a set with multiple copies from the library so everyone can be on the same page at the same time. Click here to go to the catalog and see what is available. (If you need additional copies, visit Information Services for assistance in locating more.)