“It’s a Mystery” Book Club
The “It’s a Mystery” book club meets to discuss Thriller, Suspense, True Crime, Noir, Detective & Mystery novels.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Tuesday…
- May 1, we will dicuss Broken Promise by Linwood Barclay.
- June 5, we will discuss The Dry by Jane Harper.
- July 3, we will discuss Death in a Prairie House by William R. Drennan
Colorful Characters Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Join us at the Lake Branch for our monthly book and coloring club for adults! We will discuss a different book each month and while we discuss you can enjoy coloring and refreshments.
From 10-11:30 am on Friday…
- May 4, we will be discussing Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahalan.
- June 1, we will be discussing Garden Spells by Sarah Allen Addison.
- July 6, we will be discussing Pompeii by Robert Harris.
For more information, contact 440-257-2512 or email a Lake staff member.
Book Club for Men
Join male readers to discuss books of interest.
From 7-8:30 pm on Monday…
- April 16, we will meet to discuss Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly.
- May 21, we will meet to discuss The Lake House by Kate Morton.
- June 18, we will meet to discuss Hero of the Empire by Candice Millard.
Light refreshments will be served. Book Club for Men is free and open to the public. For a copy of the book or for more information, contact John F. at 440.255.8811, ext. 215 or email John Foster.
Senior Center Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W., on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 1:30-3:00 pm at the Mentor Senior Center, for a stimulating discussion of the bestsellers, classics and more.
From 1:30-3:00 pm on Wednesday…
- April 18, we will be discussing The Final Cut by Catherine Coulter.
- May 16, we will be discussing All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr.
- June 20, we will be discussing The Swans of Fifth Avenue by Melanie Benjamin.
Headlands Branch Book Club
Adult patrons are invited to join us at the Headlands Community Center for the Mentor Public Library – Headlands Branch Book Club.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Wednesday…
- April 11, we will be discussing Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson.
- May 9, we will be discussing Paris Architect by Charles Belfoure.
- June 13, we will be discussing Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahalan.
Light Refreshments will be served. Registration is required. For additional information contact Pam Rose @ 440-255-8811, ext. 282 or email Pam Rose.
Monday Night Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W. for a stimulating discussion of bestselling books. The book club regularly meets on the 4th Monday of the month.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Monday…
- April 23, we will meet to discuss Princess Elizabeth’s Spy by Susan Elia MacNeal.
- May 21, we will meet to discuss When Books Went to War by Molly Guptill Manning.
- June 18, we will be discussing Dollhouse by Fiona Davis.
Book and Brush Club
Join Librarian Barb Hauer for a lively discussion of art historical novels featuring works by various artists.
From 6:30-8 pm, on Wednesday…
- April 25, we will meet to discuss A Piece of the World by Christine Baker Kline.
- May 23, we will meet to discuss Rodin’s Lover by Heather Webb.
- There is no meeting in June or July. Happy Summer!
For more information contact Barb Hauer at 440.255.8811, ext. 210, or email Barbara Hauer.
Looking for more books by your favorite author, or want to explore similar authors? Not sure of the next book in the series you’re reading? Then you need NoveList Plus, a comprehensive online readers’ advisory tool. Using NoveList, you can search among hundreds of thousands of popular fiction and readable nonfiction titles, and also retrieve author read-alikes, book lists, book discussion guides, and more.
Plan your adult book discussion group’s season of readings around our sets of books and discussion materials. Check out a set with multiple copies from the library so everyone can be on the same page at the same time. Click here to go to the catalog and see what is available. (If you need additional copies, visit Information Services for assistance in locating more.)