The Profilers book club meets to discuss Thriller, Suspense, True Crime, Noir, Detective & Mystery novels.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Tuesday…
- June 2nd, we will discuss Boy in the Suitcase by Lene Kaaberbøl & Agnete Friis.
- July 7th, we will discuss The Big Over Easy: A Nursery Crime by Jasper Fforde.
- August 4th, we will discuss #1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith.
Lakeside Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Adult patrons are invited to join us at the Mentor-on-the-Lake branch in order to discuss that month’s selected book. Space is limited. Refreshments will be provided.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Wednesday…
- June 3rd, we will be discussing Two Old Women: An Alaskan Legend of Betrayal by Velma Wallils.
- July 1st, we will be discussing False Mermaid by Erin Hart.
- August 5th, we will be discussing Little Bee by Chris Cleve.
Teen Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Hey, teens… why should adults have all the fun? Stop by the Lake Branch for a book club that’s just for you! No tests, no grades–no stress! Meetings are held from 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. on the first Saturday of the month.
From 2:00-3:30 pm on Saturday…
- June 6th, we will be discussing The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater.
- July 11th, we will be discussing The Sweetest Dark by Shana Abe.
- August 8th, we will be discussing Every Day by David Levithan.
For more information Call Ariel J. at 440-257-2512. Click to see the Teen Book Club’s 2015 book list.
Book Club for Men
Join male readers to discuss books of interest.
- June 15th, we will meet to discuss Denise Kiernan’s The Girls of Atomic City.
- July 20th, we will meet to discuss Cherie Burns’ The Great Hurricane, 1938.
- August 17th, we will meet to discuss David King’s Killer in the City of Light: The Serial Killer of Nazi Occupied Paris.
Light refreshments will be served. Book Club for Men is free and open to the public. For a copy of the book or for more information, contact John F. at 440.255.8811, ext. 215 or email John Foster. Click to see the Book Club for Men’s 2014 Book List.
Senior Center Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W., on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 1:30-3:00 pm at the Mentor Senior Center, for a stimulating discussion of the bestsellers, classics and more.
From 1:30-3:00 pm on Wednesday…
- There will be no meeting in June, July, or August. Enjoy your summer break!
- September 16th. The books is TBD.
Headlands Branch Book Club
Adult patrons are invited to join us at the Headlands Community Center for the Mentor Public Library – Headlands Branch Book Club.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Wednesday…
- June 17th, we will discuss Minding Frankie by Maeve Binchey.
- July 8th, we will discuss Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin.
- August 19th, we will discuss The Girl Who Came Home by Hazel Gaynor.
Light Refreshments will be served. Registration is required. For additional information contact Pam Rose @ 440-257-2000.
Monday Night Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W. for a stimulating discussion of bestselling books. The book club regularly meets on the 4th Monday of the month.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Monday…
- There will be no meeting in June or July. Enjoy your summer break!
- August 24th, we will meet to discuss Z: a novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Ann Fowler.
Book and Brush Club
Join Librarian Barb Hauer for a lively discussion of art historical novels featuring works by various artists.
From 6:30-8 pm, on Wednesday…
- There is no meeting in May. Happy Spring!
- June 24th, the book we will discuss is Strapless by Deborah Davis.
- There will be no meeting in July or August. Enjoy your summer break!
20′s / 30′s Readers
Readers in their 20′s /30′s meet on the last Wednesday of the month, at varying restaurants in Mentor, in order to discuss popular books.
From 6:30-8:00 pm, on Wednesday…
- May 27th, we will meet at Applebees (9174 Mentor Ave) to discuss Z: a novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Ann Fowler.
- June 24th, we will meet at Melt (7289 Mentor Ave) to discuss Apron Anxiety by Alyssa Shelasky.
- July 22nd, we will meet at Hooley House (7861 Reynolds Rd) to discuss The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
Since we will be a meeting at a restaurant, the library will provide an appetizer for the table. For more information, and to get a copy of the book, contact Meredith at 440-255-8811 ext. 215 or email Meredith Tomeo. What are we reading? Click to see our 2015 book list.
Looking for more books by your favorite author, or want to explore similar authors? Not sure of the next book in the series you’re reading? Then you need NoveList Plus, a comprehensive online readers’ advisory tool. Using NoveList, you can search among hundreds of thousands of popular fiction and readable nonfiction titles, and also retrieve author read-alikes, book lists, book discussion guides, and more.