“It’s a Mystery” Book Club
The “It’s a Mystery” book club meets to discuss Thriller, Suspense, True Crime, Noir, Detective & Mystery novels.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Tuesday…
- November 6, we will discuss Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena.
- December 4, we will discuss Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware.
- There will be no Book Club in January. Happy New Years!
Colorful Characters Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Join us at the Lake Branch for our monthly book and coloring club for adults! We will discuss a different book each month and while we discuss you can enjoy coloring and refreshments.
From 10-11:30 am on Friday…
- November 2, we will be discussing The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood.
- December 7, we will be discussing The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah.
- January 4, we will be discussing a book TBD.
For more information, contact 440-257-2512 or email a Lake staff member.
Headlands Branch Book Club
Adult patrons are invited to join us at the Headlands Community Center for the Mentor Public Library – Headlands Branch Book Club.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Wednesday…
- October 10, we will be discussing Empire of the Summer Moon by S.C. Gwynne.
- November 14, we will be discussing Small Great Things by Jodi Piccoult.
- There will be no Book Club in December. Happy Holidays!
Light Refreshments will be served. Registration is required. For additional information contact Pam Rose @ 440-255-8811, ext. 282 or email Pam Rose
Book Club for Men
Join male readers to discuss books of interest.
From 7-8:30 pm on Monday…
- October 15, we will meet to discuss Fordlandia by Greg Grandin.
- November 19, we will meet to discuss On Tyranny by Timothy Snyder
- December 17, we will meet to discuss The Dead Key by D. M. Pulley.
Light refreshments will be served. Book Club for Men is free and open to the public. For a copy of the book or for more information, contact John F. at 440.255.8811, ext. 215 or email John Foster.
Senior Center Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W., on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 1:30-3:00 pm at the Mentor Senior Center, for a stimulating discussion of the bestsellers, classics and more.
From 1:30-3:00 pm on Wednesday…
- October 17, we will be discussing Family Tree by Susan Wiggs.
- November 14, we will be discussing The Radium Girls by Kate Moor.
- December 19, we will be discussing Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver.
Monday Night Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W. for a stimulating discussion of bestselling books. The book club regularly meets on the 4th Monday of the month.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Monday…
- October 22, we will be discussing Killers of the Flower Moon by David Grann.
- November 26, we will be discussing The Keeper of Lost Things by Ruth Hogan.
- There will be no Book Discussion in December. Happy Holidays!
Book and Brush Club
Join Librarian Barb Hauer for a lively discussion of art historical novels featuring works by various artists.
From 6:30-8 pm, on Wednesday…
- October 24, we will be discussing Sargent’s Women by Donna M. Lucey.
- There is no book club scheduled for November. Happy Thanksgiving.
- There is no book club scheduled for December. Happy Holidays.
For more information contact Barb Hauer at 440.255.8811, ext. 210, or email Barbara Hauer.
Looking for more books by your favorite author, or want to explore similar authors? Not sure of the next book in the series you’re reading? Then you need NoveList Plus, a comprehensive online readers’ advisory tool. Using NoveList, you can search among hundreds of thousands of popular fiction and readable nonfiction titles, and also retrieve author read-alikes, book lists, book discussion guides, and more.
Plan your adult book discussion group’s season of readings around our sets of books and discussion materials. Check out a set with multiple copies from the library so everyone can be on the same page at the same time. Click here to go to the catalog and see what is available. (If you need additional copies, visit Information Services for assistance in locating more.)