The Profilers book club meets to discuss Thriller, Suspense, True Crime, Noir, Detective & Mystery novels.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Tuesday…
- September 1st, we will discuss The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen.
- October 6th, we will discuss Art Thief by Noah Charney.
- November 3rd, we will discuss Gideon’s Sword by Lincoln Child & Douglas Preston.
Adult patrons are invited to join us at the Mentor-on-the-Lake branch in order to discuss that month’s selected book. Space is limited. Refreshments will be provided.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Wednesday…
- September 2nd, we will be discussing Empire of the Summer Moon by S.C. Gwynne.
- October 7th, we will be discussing Good Omens by Neil Gaiman.
- November 4th, we will be discussing Beneath the Marble Sky by John Shors
Teen Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Hey, teens… why should adults have all the fun? Stop by the Lake Branch for a book club that’s just for you! No tests, no grades–no stress! Meetings are held from 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. on the first Saturday of the month.
From 2:00-3:30 pm on Saturday…
- September 9th, the book club meeting has been cancelled. Have a nice Labor Day vacation!
- October 3rd, we will be discussing Little Brother by Cory Doctorow.
- November 7th, we will be discussing Uglies by Scott Westerfeld.
For more information Call Ariel J. at 440-257-2512. Click to see the Teen Book Club’s 2015 book list.
Join male readers to discuss books of interest.
- September 21st, we will meet to discuss Jane Austen’s Persuasion.
- October 19th, we will meet to discuss Madeleine Albright’s Prague Winter: A Personal Story of Remembrance and War.
- November 16th, we will meet to discuss Anthony Doerr’s All the Light We Cannot See.
Light refreshments will be served. Book Club for Men is free and open to the public. For a copy of the book or for more information, contact John F. at 440.255.8811, ext. 215 or email John Foster.
Senior Center Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W., on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 1:30-3:00 pm at the Mentor Senior Center, for a stimulating discussion of the bestsellers, classics and more.
From 1:30-3:00 pm on Wednesday…
- September 16th, we will be discussing Longbourn by Jo Baker.
- October 21st, we will be discussing Persuasion by Jane Austen.
- November 18th, we will be discussing Looking for Me by Beth Hoffman.
Adult patrons are invited to join us at the Headlands Community Center for the Mentor Public Library – Headlands Branch Book Club.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Wednesday…
- September 16th, we will discuss Persuasion by Jane Austen.
- October 21st, we will discuss The Last Chinese Chef by Nicole Mones.
- November 18th, we will discuss And then There Were None by Agatha Christie.
Light Refreshments will be served. Registration is required. For additional information contact Pam Rose @ 440-257-2000.
Join librarian Cailey W. for a stimulating discussion of bestselling books. The book club regularly meets on the 4th Monday of the month.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Monday…
- September 28th, we will meet to discuss Persuasion by Jane Austen.
- October 26th, we will meet to discuss The Astronaut Wives’ Club by Lily Koppel.
- November 23rd, we will meet to discuss The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin.
Join Librarian Barb Hauer for a lively discussion of art historical novels featuring works by various artists.
From 6:30-8 pm, on Wednesday…
- September 23rd, we will meet to discuss Madame Picasso by Anne Girard.
- October 28th, we will meet to discuss Persuasion by Jane Austen.
For more information contact Barb Hauer at 440.255.8811, ext. 210, or email Barbara Hauer.
20’s / 30’s Readers
Readers in their 20’s /30’s meet on the last Wednesday of the month, at varying restaurants in Mentor, in order to discuss popular books.
From 6:30-8:00 pm, on Wednesday…
- August 26th, we will meet at Harry Buffalo (2119 Mentor Ave) to discuss I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai.
- September 30th, we will meet at Jalepeno Loco (7501 Mentor Ave) to discuss Persuasion by Jane Austen.
- October 28th, we will meet at Thai Orchid (7329 Mentor Ave) to discuss Devil in the White City by Erik Larson.
Since we will be a meeting at a restaurant, the library will provide an appetizer for the table. For more information, and to get a copy of the book, contact Meredith at 440-255-8811 ext. 215 or email Meredith Tomeo. What are we reading? Click to see our 2015 book list.
Looking for more books by your favorite author, or want to explore similar authors? Not sure of the next book in the series you’re reading? Then you need NoveList Plus, a comprehensive online readers’ advisory tool. Using NoveList, you can search among hundreds of thousands of popular fiction and readable nonfiction titles, and also retrieve author read-alikes, book lists, book discussion guides, and more.