“It’s a Mystery” Book Club
The “It’s a Mystery” book club meets to discuss Thriller, Suspense, True Crime, Noir, Detective & Mystery novels.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Tuesday…
- October 3, we will discuss Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith.
- November 7, we will discuss Cat on the Edge by Shirley Rousseau.
- December 5, we will discuss Death of a Cozy Writer by G.M. Malliet.
Colorful Characters Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Join us at the Lake Branch for our monthly book and coloring club for adults! We will discuss a different book each month and while we discuss you can enjoy coloring and refreshments.
From 10-11:30 am on Friday…
- October 13, we will be discussing What the Dead Know by Laura Lippman.
- November 3, we will be discussing Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel.
- December 1, we will be discussing Skipping Christmas by John Grisham.
For more information, contact Ragan at 440-257-2512 or email a Lake staff member.
Book Club for Men
Join male readers to discuss books of interest.
From 7-8:30 pm on Monday…
- October 16, we will meet to discuss On Evil by Terry Eagleton.
- November 13, we will meet to discuss All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr.
- There is no Book Club discussion in December. Happy Holidays.
Light refreshments will be served. Book Club for Men is free and open to the public. For a copy of the book or for more information, contact John F. at 440.255.8811, ext. 215 or email John Foster.
Senior Center Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W., on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 1:30-3:00 pm at the Mentor Senior Center, for a stimulating discussion of the bestsellers, classics and more.
From 1:30-3:00 pm on Wednesday…
- October 18, we will be discussing Princess Elizabeth’s Spy by Susan Elia MacNeal.
- November 15, we will be discussing The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown.
- December 20, we will be discussing The Truth According to Us by Annie Barrows
Headlands Branch Book Club
Adult patrons are invited to join us at the Headlands Community Center for the Mentor Public Library – Headlands Branch Book Club.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Wednesday…
- October 18, we will be discussing Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks.
- November 15, we will be discussing A Man called Ove by Fredrik Backman.
- There is no Book Club meeting in December. Happy Holidays!
Light Refreshments will be served. Registration is required. For additional information contact Pam Rose @ 440-255-8811, ext. 282 or email Pam Rose.
Monday Night Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W. for a stimulating discussion of bestselling books. The book club regularly meets on the 4th Monday of the month.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Monday…
- September 25, we will meet to discuss Hero of the Empire by Candice Millard.
- October 23, we will meet to discuss Circling the Sun by Paula McLain.
- November 27, we will meet to discuss The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware.
- There is no Book Club meeting in December. Happy Holidays.
Book and Brush Club
Join Librarian Barb Hauer for a lively discussion of art historical novels featuring works by various artists.
From 6:30-8 pm, on Wednesday…
- September 27, we will meet to discuss The Last Painting of Sara De Vos by Dominic Smith.
- October 25, we will meet to discuss The Bad-Ass Librarians of Timbuktu and Their Race to Save the World’s Most Precious Manuscripts by Joshua Hammer.
- There will be no book club meeting in November or December. Happy Holidays!
For more information contact Barb Hauer at 440.255.8811, ext. 210, or email Barbara Hauer.
Looking for more books by your favorite author, or want to explore similar authors? Not sure of the next book in the series you’re reading? Then you need NoveList Plus, a comprehensive online readers’ advisory tool. Using NoveList, you can search among hundreds of thousands of popular fiction and readable nonfiction titles, and also retrieve author read-alikes, book lists, book discussion guides, and more.
Plan your adult book discussion group’s season of readings around our sets of books and discussion materials. Check out a set with multiple copies from the library so everyone can be on the same page at the same time. Click here to go to the catalog and see what is available. (If you need additional copies, visit Information Services for assistance in locating more.)