Lakeside Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Adult patrons are invited to join us at the Mentor-on-the-Lake branch in order to discuss that month’s selected book. Space is limited. Refreshments will be provided.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Wednesday…
- August 6, we will discuss The True Story of Hansel and Gretel by Louise Murphy.
- September 3, we will discuss Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides.
- October 1, we will discuss a book as yet to be determined.
For more information, contact Darlene W. at 440-257-2512 or email Darlene.Workman@MentorPL.org.
Join librarian Cailey W., on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 1:30-3:00 pm at the Mentor Senior Center, for a stimulating discussion of the bestsellers, classics and more.
From 1:30-3:00 pm on Wednesday…
- July 23rd, we will “Know Poe” and discuss Selected Readings from Edgar Allen Poe.
- There will be no book club meeting in August. Enjoy your month off!
- September 17th, we will discuss Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Ann Fowler.
Book Club for Men
Join male readers to discuss books of interest.
From 7-8:30 pm, on Monday…
- August 18th, we will meet to discuss John Cooper’s The Queen’s Agent: Sir Francis Walsingham and the Rise of Espionage in Elizabethan England.
- September 15th, we will meet to discuss Roddy Doyle’s A Star Called Henry.
- October 20th, we will meet to discuss Rachel Joyce’s The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry.
Light refreshments will be served. Book Club for Men is free and open to the public. For a copy of the book or for more information, contact John F. at 440.255.8811, ext. 215 or email John.Foster@MentorPL.org. Click to see the Book Club for Men’s 2014 Book List.
Monday Night Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W. for a stimulating discussion of bestselling books. The book club regularly meets on the 4th Monday of the month.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Monday…
- There will be no meeting in July. Have a happy Summer!
- August 25, we will meet to discuss Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen.
- September 22nd, we will meet to discuss Sister by Rosamund Lupton.
The Profilers book club meets to discuss Thriller, Suspense, True Crime, Noir, Detective & Mystery novels.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Tuesday…
- July 29th, we will “Know Poe” and discuss Selected Readings from Edgar Allen Poe.
- August 26th, we will discuss Post Mortem by Patricia Cornwell.
- September 30th, we will be discussing different books by by Robert B. Parker.
Book and Brush Club
Join Librarian Barb Hauer for a lively discussion of art historical novels featuring works by various artists.
From 6:30-8 pm, on Wednesday…
- There is no meeting scheduled for July or August. Enjoy your summer!
- September 24th, the book we will discuss is still TBD.
For more information contact Barb Hauer at 440.255.8811, ext. 210, or email Barbara.Hauer@MentorPL.org.
20′s / 30′s Readers
Readers in their 20′s /30′s meet on the last Wednesday of the month, at varying restaurants in Mentor, in order to discuss popular books.
From 6:30-8:00 pm, on Wednesday…
- July 30th, we will “Know Poe” and discuss Selected Readings from Edgar Allen Poe. We will be meeting at the library in the Cleveland room. Please bring food to share.
- August 27th, we will meet at Manhatten Deli (8900 Mentor Ave) to discuss Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahalan.
- September 24th, we will meet at Winking Lizard (9570 Mentor Ave) to discuss To Kill the Irishman” by Rick Porello.
Since we will be a meeting at a restaurant, the library will provide an appetizer for the table. For more information, and to get a copy of the book, contact Kristin at 440-255-8811 ext. 215 or email Kristin.Milks@MentorPl.org. What are we reading in 2014? Click to see the 2014 Book List.
Looking for more books by your favorite author, or want to explore similar authors? Not sure of the next book in the series you’re reading? Then you need NoveList Plus, a comprehensive online readers’ advisory tool. Using NoveList, you can search among hundreds of thousands of popular fiction and readable nonfiction titles, and also retrieve author read-alikes, book lists, book discussion guides, and more.