“It’s a Mystery” Book Club
The “It’s a Mystery” book club meets to discuss Thriller, Suspense, True Crime, Noir, Detective & Mystery novels.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Tuesday…
- December 5, we will discuss Death of a Cozy Writer by G.M. Malliet.
- There is no meeting in January. Happy New Years!
- February 6, 2018 we will discuss The Chemist by Stephanie Meyer.
Colorful Characters Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Join us at the Lake Branch for our monthly book and coloring club for adults! We will discuss a different book each month and while we discuss you can enjoy coloring and refreshments.
From 10-11:30 am on Friday…
- December 1, we will be discussing Skipping Christmas by John Grisham.
- January 5, we will be discussing Karolina’s Twins by Ronald H. Balson.
- February 2, we will be discussing Confession by John Grisham.
For more information, contact Ragan at 440-257-2512 or email a Lake staff member.
Book Club for Men
Join male readers to discuss books of interest.
From 7-8:30 pm on Monday…
- There is no Book Club discussion in December. Happy Holidays.
- January 15, we will meet to discuss The Dead Key by D. M. Pulley.
- February 19, we will meet to discuss a book TBD.
Light refreshments will be served. Book Club for Men is free and open to the public. For a copy of the book or for more information, contact John F. at 440.255.8811, ext. 215 or email John Foster.
Senior Center Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W., on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 1:30-3:00 pm at the Mentor Senior Center, for a stimulating discussion of the bestsellers, classics and more.
From 1:30-3:00 pm on Wednesday…
- December 20, we will be discussing The Truth According to Us by Annie Barrows.
- January 17, we will be discussing The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware.
- February 21, we will be discussing A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith.
Headlands Branch Book Club
Adult patrons are invited to join us at the Headlands Community Center for the Mentor Public Library – Headlands Branch Book Club.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Wednesday…
- There is no Book Club meeting in December. Happy Holidays!
- January 17, we will be discussing The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald.
- February 21, we will be discussing The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mayry Ann Shaffer.
Light Refreshments will be served. Registration is required. For additional information contact Pam Rose @ 440-255-8811, ext. 282 or email Pam Rose.
Monday Night Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W. for a stimulating discussion of bestselling books. The book club regularly meets on the 4th Monday of the month.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Monday…
- November 27, we will meet to discuss The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware.
- There is no Book Club meeting in December. Happy Holidays.
- January 22, we will meet to discuss Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck.
- February 26, we will meet to discuss Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult.
Book and Brush Club
Join Librarian Barb Hauer for a lively discussion of art historical novels featuring works by various artists.
From 6:30-8 pm, on Wednesday…
- There will be no book club meeting in November or December. Happy Holidays!
- January 24, 2018, we will meet to discuss The Rescue Artist by Edward Dolnick.
- February 28, 2018, we will meet to discuss Da Vinci’s Tiger by L.M. Elliot.
For more information contact Barb Hauer at 440.255.8811, ext. 210, or email Barbara Hauer.
Looking for more books by your favorite author, or want to explore similar authors? Not sure of the next book in the series you’re reading? Then you need NoveList Plus, a comprehensive online readers’ advisory tool. Using NoveList, you can search among hundreds of thousands of popular fiction and readable nonfiction titles, and also retrieve author read-alikes, book lists, book discussion guides, and more.
Plan your adult book discussion group’s season of readings around our sets of books and discussion materials. Check out a set with multiple copies from the library so everyone can be on the same page at the same time. Click here to go to the catalog and see what is available. (If you need additional copies, visit Information Services for assistance in locating more.)