“It’s a Mystery” Book Club
The “It’s a Mystery” book club meets to discuss Thriller, Suspense, True Crime, Noir, Detective & Mystery novels.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Tuesday…
- October 4, we will discuss Dark Places by Gillian Flynn.
- November 1, we will discuss After I’m Gone Laura Lippman.
- December 12, we will discuss A Secret Place by Tana French.
Colorful Characters Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Join us at the Lake Branch for our monthly book and coloring club for adults! We will discuss a different book each month and while we discuss you can enjoy coloring and refreshments.
From 10-11:30 am on Friday…
- Saturday, October 8, we will be discussing I Remember You: A Ghost Story by Yrsa Sigurdardottir.
- November 4, we will be discussing The Truth According to Us by Annie Barrows.
- December 2, we will be discussing The Christmas Wish by Richard Siddoway.
Book Club for Men
Join male readers to discuss books of interest.
- October 17th, we will meet to discuss Ben Macintyre’s A Spy Among Friends.
- November 21st, we will meet to discuss Anthony Doerr’s All the Light We Cannot See.
- The is no book club in December. Happy Holidays.
- January 16th, we will meet to discuss a book TBA.
Light refreshments will be served. Book Club for Men is free and open to the public. For a copy of the book or for more information, contact John F. at 440.255.8811, ext. 215 or email John Foster.
Senior Center Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W., on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 1:30-3:00 pm at the Mentor Senior Center, for a stimulating discussion of the bestsellers, classics and more.
From 1:30-3:00 pm on Wednesday…
- October 19th, we will be discussing The Lake House by Kate Morton.
- November 16th, we will be discussing Our Mothers’ War by Emily Yellin.
- December 21st, we will be discussing I’ve Got You Under my Skin by Mary Higgins Clark.
Headlands Branch Book Club
Adult patrons are invited to join us at the Headlands Community Center for the Mentor Public Library – Headlands Branch Book Club.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Wednesday…
- October 19th, we will discuss The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald.
- November 16th, we will discuss Still Life by Louise Penny.
- December 21st, we will discuss Last Noel by Michael Malone
Light Refreshments will be served. Registration is required. For additional information contact Pam Rose @ 440-255-8811, ext. 282 or email Pam Rose.
Book and Brush Club
Join Librarian Barb Hauer for a lively discussion of art historical novels featuring works by various artists.
From 6:30-8 pm, on Wednesday…
- September 28, we will meet to discuss Stealing Mona Lisa by Carson Morton.
- October 26, we will meet to discuss People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks.
- There is no book club scheduled in November & December. Happy Holidays!
For more information contact Barb Hauer at 440.255.8811, ext. 210, or email Barbara Hauer.
Monday Night Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W. for a stimulating discussion of bestselling books. The book club regularly meets on the 4th Monday of the month.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Monday…
- September 26th, we will meet to discuss To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
- October 24th, we will meet to discuss The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins.
- November 28th, we will meet to discuss The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion.
- There is no book club scheduled for December. Happy Holidays!
Looking for more books by your favorite author, or want to explore similar authors? Not sure of the next book in the series you’re reading? Then you need NoveList Plus, a comprehensive online readers’ advisory tool. Using NoveList, you can search among hundreds of thousands of popular fiction and readable nonfiction titles, and also retrieve author read-alikes, book lists, book discussion guides, and more.
Plan your adult book discussion group’s season of readings around our sets of books and discussion materials. Check out a set with multiple copies from the library so everyone can be on the same page at the same time. Click here to go to the catalog and see what is available. (If you need additional copies, visit Information Services for assistance in locating more.)