“It’s a Mystery” Book Club
The “It’s a Mystery” book club meets to discuss Thriller, Suspense, True Crime, Noir, Detective & Mystery novels.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Tuesday…
- February 6, we will discuss The Chemist by Stephanie Meyer.
- March 6, we will discuss A Welcome Murder by Robin Yocum.
- April 3, we will discuss Madness so Discreet by Mindy McGinnis.
Colorful Characters Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Join us at the Lake Branch for our monthly book and coloring club for adults! We will discuss a different book each month and while we discuss you can enjoy coloring and refreshments.
From 10-11:30 am on Friday…
- February 2, we will not be meeting.
- March 2, we will be discussing Confession by John Grisham.
- April 6, we will be discussing The Lake House by Kate Morton.
For more information, contact 440-257-2512 or email a Lake staff member.
Book Club for Men
Join male readers to discuss books of interest.
From 7-8:30 pm on Monday…
- February 19, we will meet to discuss Five Presidents by Clint Hill.
- March 19, we will meet to discuss Decline and Fall by Evelyn Waugh.
- April 16, we will meet to discuss Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly.
Light refreshments will be served. Book Club for Men is free and open to the public. For a copy of the book or for more information, contact John F. at 440.255.8811, ext. 215 or email John Foster.
Senior Center Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W., on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 1:30-3:00 pm at the Mentor Senior Center, for a stimulating discussion of the bestsellers, classics and more.
From 1:30-3:00 pm on Wednesday…
- February 21, we will be discussing A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith.
- March 21, we will be discussing Hero of the Empire by Candice Millard.
- April 18, we will be discussing The Final Cut by Catherine Coulter.
Headlands Branch Book Club
Adult patrons are invited to join us at the Headlands Community Center for the Mentor Public Library – Headlands Branch Book Club.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Wednesday…
- February 21, we will be discussing The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer.
- March 21, we will be discussing Destiny of the Republic by Candice Millard.
- April 18, we will be discussing Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson.
Light Refreshments will be served. Registration is required. For additional information contact Pam Rose @ 440-255-8811, ext. 282 or email Pam Rose.
Monday Night Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W. for a stimulating discussion of bestselling books. The book club regularly meets on the 4th Monday of the month.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Monday…
- January 22, we will meet to discuss Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck.
- February 26, we will meet to discuss Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult.
- March 26, we will meet to discuss All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr.
Book and Brush Club
Join Librarian Barb Hauer for a lively discussion of art historical novels featuring works by various artists.
From 6:30-8 pm, on Wednesday…
- January 24, 2018, we will meet to discuss The Rescue Artist by Edward Dolnick.
- February 28, 2018, we will meet to discuss Da Vinci’s Tiger by L.M. Elliot.
- March 28, we will meet to discuss The Woman Who Heard Color by Kelly Jones.
For more information contact Barb Hauer at 440.255.8811, ext. 210, or email Barbara Hauer.
Looking for more books by your favorite author, or want to explore similar authors? Not sure of the next book in the series you’re reading? Then you need NoveList Plus, a comprehensive online readers’ advisory tool. Using NoveList, you can search among hundreds of thousands of popular fiction and readable nonfiction titles, and also retrieve author read-alikes, book lists, book discussion guides, and more.
Plan your adult book discussion group’s season of readings around our sets of books and discussion materials. Check out a set with multiple copies from the library so everyone can be on the same page at the same time. Click here to go to the catalog and see what is available. (If you need additional copies, visit Information Services for assistance in locating more.)