The Profilers book club meets to discuss Thriller, Suspense, True Crime, Noir, Detective & Mystery novels.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Tuesday…
- February 3, we will discuss The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler.
- March 3, we will discuss Devil in the White City by Erik Larson.
- April 7, we will discuss The Inner Circle by Brad Meltzer.
Lakeside Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Adult patrons are invited to join us at the Mentor-on-the-Lake branch in order to discuss that month’s selected book. Space is limited. Refreshments will be provided.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Wednesday…
- February 4th, we will be discussing Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.
- March 4th, we will be discussing Stealing Athena by Karen Essex.
- April 1st, we will be discussing Sacre Bleu by Christopher Moore.
Teen Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Hey, teens… why should adults have all the fun? Stop by the Lake Branch for a book club that’s just for you! No tests, no grades–no stress! Meetings are held from 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. on the first Saturday of the month.
From 2:00-3:30 pm on Saturday…
- February 7th, we will be discussing Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher.
- March 7th, we will be discussing If I Stay by Gayle Forman.
- April 4th, we will be discussing Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier.
For more information Call Ariel J. at 440-257-2512. Click to see the Teen Book Club’s 2015 book list.
Book Club for Men
Join male readers to discuss books of interest.
- February 16th, we will meet to discuss John Domenic Crossan’s Jesus: A Revolutionary Biography.
- March 16th, we will meet to discuss Craig Johnson’s Cold Dish.
- April 20th, we will meet to discuss Phillip Bobbitt’s The Garments of Court and Palace: Machiavelli and the World He Made.
Light refreshments will be served. Book Club for Men is free and open to the public. For a copy of the book or for more information, contact John F. at 440.255.8811, ext. 215 or email John Foster. Click to see the Book Club for Men’s 2014 Book List.
Senior Center Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W., on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 1:30-3:00 pm at the Mentor Senior Center, for a stimulating discussion of the bestsellers, classics and more.
From 1:30-3:00 pm on Wednesday…
- February 18th, we will discuss The Girls of Atomic City by Denise Kiernan.
- March 18th, we will discuss Final Exam by P.F. Kluge.
- April 15th, we will discuss The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe.
Headlands Branch Book Club
Adult patrons are invited to join us at the Headlands Community Center for the Mentor Public Library – Headlands Branch Book Club.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Wednesday…
- February 18, we will discuss Await Your Reply by Dan Choan.
- March 18, we will discuss Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear.
- April 15th, we will discuss The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin.
Light Refreshments will be served. Registration is required. For additional information contact Pam Rose @ 440-257-2000.
Book and Brush Club
Join Librarian Barb Hauer for a lively discussion of art historical novels featuring works by various artists.
From 6:30-8 pm, on Wednesday…
- January 28th, the book we will discuss is Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey by the Countess of Carnarvon.
- February 25th, the book we will discuss is The Painted Girls by Cathy Marie Buchanan.
- March 25th, the book we will discuss is The Monuments Men by Robert Edsel.
Monday Night Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W. for a stimulating discussion of bestselling books. The book club regularly meets on the 4th Monday of the month.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Monday…
- January 26th, we will meet to discuss Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky.
- February 23rd, we will meet to discuss The End of your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe.
- March 23rd, we will meet to discuss Among the Wonderful by Stacy Carlton.
20′s / 30′s Readers
Readers in their 20′s /30′s meet on the last Wednesday of the month, at varying restaurants in Mentor, in order to discuss popular books.
From 6:30-8:00 pm, on Wednesday…
- January 28th, we will meet at Aladdin’s (8870 Mentor Ave) to discuss The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak.
- February 25th, we will meet at The Jade Tree (7673 Mentor Ave) to discuss The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.
- March 25th, we will meet at Red Robin (36565 Euclid Ave) to discuss Me Before You by Jojo Moyes.
Since we will be a meeting at a restaurant, the library will provide an appetizer for the table. For more information, and to get a copy of the book, contact Meredith at 440-255-8811 ext. 215 or email Meredith Tomeo. What are we reading? Click to see our 2015 book list.
Looking for more books by your favorite author, or want to explore similar authors? Not sure of the next book in the series you’re reading? Then you need NoveList Plus, a comprehensive online readers’ advisory tool. Using NoveList, you can search among hundreds of thousands of popular fiction and readable nonfiction titles, and also retrieve author read-alikes, book lists, book discussion guides, and more.