It’s a Mystery Book Club
The “It’s a Mystery” book club meets to discuss Thriller, Suspense, True Crime, Noir, Detective & Mystery novels.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Tuesday…
- June 7th, we will discuss Dead Key by D.M. Pulley.
- July 5th, we will discuss Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley.
- August 2, we will discuss Mr. Churchill’s Secretary by Susan Elia Macneal.
Colorful Characters Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Join us at the Lake Branch for our monthly book and coloring club for adults! We will discuss a different book each month and while we discuss you can enjoy coloring and refreshments.
From 10-11:30 am on Friday…
- June 3rd, we will be discussing The Highest Tide by Jim Lynch.
- July 8th, we will be discussing Revolutionary Summer by Joseph J. Ellis.
- August 5, we will be discussing The Visitors by Sally Beauman.
Book Club for Men
Join male readers to discuss books of interest.
- June 27th, we will meet to discuss Michael Lewis’ Flash Boys.
- July 18th, we will meet to discuss David Shafer’s Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
- August 15th, we will meet to discuss Robert Zaretsky’s A Life Worth Living.
Light refreshments will be served. Book Club for Men is free and open to the public. For a copy of the book or for more information, contact John F. at 440.255.8811, ext. 215 or email John Foster.
Senior Center Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W., on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 1:30-3:00 pm at the Mentor Senior Center, for a stimulating discussion of the bestsellers, classics and more.
From 1:30-3:00 pm on Wednesday…
- June 15th, we will be discussing The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott.
- There will be no book club July. Happy Summer!
- August 17th, we will be discussing a book TBA.
Headlands Branch Book Club
Adult patrons are invited to join us at the Headlands Community Center for the Mentor Public Library – Headlands Branch Book Club.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Wednesday…
- June 15th, we will discuss Shanghai Girls by Lisa See.
- July 20th, we will discuss My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She’s Sorry by Fredrik Backman.
- August 17th, we will discuss Other Typist by Susanne Rindell.
Light Refreshments will be served. Registration is required. For additional information contact Pam Rose @ 440-255-8811, ext. 282 or email Pam Rose.
Book and Brush Club
Join Librarian Barb Hauer for a lively discussion of art historical novels featuring works by various artists.
From 6:30-8 pm, on Wednesday…
- June 22, we will meet to discuss The Bridal Chair by Gloria Goldreich.
- July 27, we will meet to discuss Lisette’s List by Susan Vreeland.
- August 24, we will meet to discuss The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova.
For more information contact Barb Hauer at 440.255.8811, ext. 210, or email Barbara Hauer.
Monday Night Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W. for a stimulating discussion of bestselling books. The book club regularly meets on the 4th Monday of the month.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Monday…
- May 23rd, we will meet to discuss Looking for Me by Beth Hoffman.
- There will be no meeting in June or July. Happy Summer!
Looking for more books by your favorite author, or want to explore similar authors? Not sure of the next book in the series you’re reading? Then you need NoveList Plus, a comprehensive online readers’ advisory tool. Using NoveList, you can search among hundreds of thousands of popular fiction and readable nonfiction titles, and also retrieve author read-alikes, book lists, book discussion guides, and more.