“It’s a Mystery” Book Club
The “It’s a Mystery” book club meets to discuss Thriller, Suspense, True Crime, Noir, Detective & Mystery novels.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Tuesday…
- March 7, we will discuss Beekeeper’s Apprentice by Laurie R. King.
- April 4, we will discuss Cat on the Edge by Shirley Rousseau Murphy.
- May 2, we will discuss Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter.
Colorful Characters Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Join us at the Lake Branch for our monthly book and coloring club for adults! We will discuss a different book each month and while we discuss you can enjoy coloring and refreshments.
From 10-11:30 am on Friday…
- March 3, we will be discussing The Paris Wife by Paula McLain.
- April 7, we will be discussing Stuff: Compulsive Hoarding and the Meaning of Things by Randy O. Frost
- May 5, we will be discussing The Elegance of the Hedgehog
Muriel Barbery by Alison Anderson.
For more information, contact Ragan at 440-257-2512 or email a Lake staff member.
Book Club for Men
Join male readers to discuss books of interest.
- March 20, we will meet to discuss High Dive by Jonathan Lee.
- April 17, we will meet to discuss Valiant Ambition by Nathaniel Philbrick.
- May 15, we will meet to discuss A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman.
Light refreshments will be served. Book Club for Men is free and open to the public. For a copy of the book or for more information, contact John F. at 440.255.8811, ext. 215 or email John Foster.
Senior Center Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W., on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 1:30-3:00 pm at the Mentor Senior Center, for a stimulating discussion of the bestsellers, classics and more.
From 1:30-3:00 pm on Wednesday…
- March 15th, we will be discussing A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman.
- April 19, we will be discussing Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng.
- May 17, we will be discussing Destiny of the Republic by Candice Millard.
Headlands Branch Book Club
Adult patrons are invited to join us at the Headlands Community Center for the Mentor Public Library – Headlands Branch Book Club.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Wednesday…
- March 15, we will be discussing Bridal Chair by Gloria Goldreich.
- April 19, we will be discussing The Astronauts Wives Club by Lily Koppel.
- May 10, we will be discussing Belle Cora by Phillip Margulies.
Light Refreshments will be served. Registration is required. For additional information contact Pam Rose @ 440-255-8811, ext. 282 or email Pam Rose.
Monday Night Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W. for a stimulating discussion of bestselling books. The book club regularly meets on the 4th Monday of the month.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Monday…
- February 27th, we will meet to discuss Destiny of the Republic by Candice Millard.
- March 27, we will meet to discuss The 100-Year-Old-Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson.
- April 24, we will meet to discuss The Paris Architect by Charles Belfoure.
Book and Brush Club
Join Librarian Barb Hauer for a lively discussion of art historical novels featuring works by various artists.
From 6:30-8 pm, on Wednesday…
- February 22, we will meet to discuss The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild.
- March 22, we will meet to discuss The Vanishing Velazquez by Laura Cumming.
- April 26, we will meet to discuss Ophelia’s Muse by Rita Cameron.
For more information contact Barb Hauer at 440.255.8811, ext. 210, or email Barbara Hauer.
Looking for more books by your favorite author, or want to explore similar authors? Not sure of the next book in the series you’re reading? Then you need NoveList Plus, a comprehensive online readers’ advisory tool. Using NoveList, you can search among hundreds of thousands of popular fiction and readable nonfiction titles, and also retrieve author read-alikes, book lists, book discussion guides, and more.
Plan your adult book discussion group’s season of readings around our sets of books and discussion materials. Check out a set with multiple copies from the library so everyone can be on the same page at the same time. Click here to go to the catalog and see what is available. (If you need additional copies, visit Information Services for assistance in locating more.)