“It’s a Mystery” Book Club
The “It’s a Mystery” book club meets to discuss Thriller, Suspense, True Crime, Noir, Detective & Mystery novels.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Tuesday…
- There will be no book club meeting in January 2017. Happy New Year!
- February 7, we will discuss Left to Die by Lisa Jackson.
- March 7, we will discuss Beekeeper’s Apprentice by Laurie R. King.
Colorful Characters Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Join us at the Lake Branch for our monthly book and coloring club for adults! We will discuss a different book each month and while we discuss you can enjoy coloring and refreshments.
From 10-11:30 am on Friday…
- January 6, we will be discussing Girl Waits with Gun by Amy Stewart.
- February 3, we will be discussing Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.
- March 3, we will be discussing Paris Wife by Paula McLain.
Book Club for Men
Join male readers to discuss books of interest.
- The is no book club in December. Happy Holidays.
- January 16th, we will meet to discuss Baudolino by Umberto Eco.
- February 20, we will meet to discuss Dark Matter and the Dinosaurs by Lisa Randall.
Light refreshments will be served. Book Club for Men is free and open to the public. For a copy of the book or for more information, contact John F. at 440.255.8811, ext. 215 or email John Foster.
Senior Center Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W., on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 1:30-3:00 pm at the Mentor Senior Center, for a stimulating discussion of the bestsellers, classics and more.
From 1:30-3:00 pm on Wednesday…
- December 21st, we will be discussing I’ve Got You Under my Skin by Mary Higgins Clark.
- January 18th, 2017, we will be discussing A Man Called Ove by Fredrick Backman.
- February 15th, 2017 we will be discussing The Wright Brothers by David McCullough.
Headlands Branch Book Club
Adult patrons are invited to join us at the Headlands Community Center for the Mentor Public Library – Headlands Branch Book Club.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Wednesday…
- December 21st, we will discuss The Giving Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini.
- January 18th, 2017, we will be discussing Aviators Wife by Melanie Benjamin.
- February 15, 2017, we will be discussing Mr. Churchhill’s Secretary by Susan MacNeal.
Light Refreshments will be served. Registration is required. For additional information contact Pam Rose @ 440-255-8811, ext. 282 or email Pam Rose.
Monday Night Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W. for a stimulating discussion of bestselling books. The book club regularly meets on the 4th Monday of the month.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Monday…
- There is no book club scheduled for December. Happy Holidays!
- January 23rd, we will meet to discuss The Lake House by Kate Morton.
- February 27th, we will meet to discuss Destiny of the Republic by Candice Millard.
Book and Brush Club
Join Librarian Barb Hauer for a lively discussion of art historical novels featuring works by various artists.
From 6:30-8 pm, on Wednesday…
- There is no book club scheduled in December. Happy Holidays!
- January 25, we will meet to discuss a book The Muralist by B.A. Shapiro.
For more information contact Barb Hauer at 440.255.8811, ext. 210, or email Barbara Hauer.
Looking for more books by your favorite author, or want to explore similar authors? Not sure of the next book in the series you’re reading? Then you need NoveList Plus, a comprehensive online readers’ advisory tool. Using NoveList, you can search among hundreds of thousands of popular fiction and readable nonfiction titles, and also retrieve author read-alikes, book lists, book discussion guides, and more.
Plan your adult book discussion group’s season of readings around our sets of books and discussion materials. Check out a set with multiple copies from the library so everyone can be on the same page at the same time. Click here to go to the catalog and see what is available. (If you need additional copies, visit Information Services for assistance in locating more.)