This will allow you to enjoy your books, music and videos longer and decrease the likelihood of fines.
There are a few exceptions to this policy. Items will not renew automatically:
- If another patron puts them on hold.
- If the cardholder owes more than $10 in fines.
- The item has reached the maximum number of renewals. (Ten weeks for books, not counting those borrowed from other libraries; four weeks for music CDs, magazines, audiobooks, DVDs and video games.
- If the item is digital like an eBook, eAudiobook, streaming music or video.
- If the item is not available for renewal like hotspots, eReaders, ukuleles, traffic cones, and the too-hot-to-hold books and videos in the library’s collection.
All other items will automatically renew
Here’s how it works: If an item isn’t on hold and can be renewed, it will renew two days before its due date, starting from its due date. That means you will get a full additional loan period for that item.