Busy People’s Book Club @ Main
Our newest book club, perfect for people on the go. No meetings or deadlines, just good books! Our book of the month will include book discussion questions, information about the author and other interesting facts.
Books available on the first Mondays of the month.
- June 2019 – The Lake House by Kate Morton
- July 2019 – The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild
- August 2019 – Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey by The Countess of Carnarvon
Pick up books and discussion guides at the Main Library reference desk.
“It’s a Mystery” Book Club @ Main
The “It’s a Mystery” book club meets to discuss Thriller, Suspense, True Crime, Noir, Detective & Mystery novels.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Tuesday…
- July 2, we will discuss Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz.
- August 6, we will discuss Six Four by Hideo Yokoyama.
- September 3, we will discuss Not a Sound by Heather Gudenkauf.
Colorful Characters Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Join us at the Lake Branch for our monthly book and coloring club for adults! We will discuss a different book each month and while we discuss you can enjoy coloring and refreshments.
From 10-11:30 am on Friday…
- July 5, we will be discussing a book Family Tree by Susan Wiggs.
- August 2, we will be discussing a book TBD.
- September 6, we will be discussing a book TBD.
For more information, contact 440-257-2512 or email a Lake staff member.
Book Club for Men @ Main
Join male readers to discuss books of interest.
From 7-8:30 pm on Monday…
- June 17, we will meet to discuss Dean Koontz’s Silent Corner.
- July 15, we will meet to discuss Jesse Eisinger’s The Chickenshit Club.
- August 19, we will meet to discuss a book TBD.
Light refreshments will be served. Book Club for Men is free and open to the public. For a copy of the book or for more information, contact John F. at 440.255.8811, ext. 247 or email John Foster.
Headlands Branch Book Club
Adult patrons are invited to join us at the Headlands Community Center for the Mentor Public Library – Headlands Branch Book Club.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Wednesday…
- June 19, we will be discussing The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon.
- July 17, we will be discussing Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer.
- August 21, we will be discussing Scent of Desire: Discovering Our Enigmatic Sense of Smell by Rachel Herz.
Light Refreshments will be served. Registration is required. For additional information contact Josh Sebrasky @ 440-257-2000 or email Josh Sebrasky.
Senior Center Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W., on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 1:30-3:00 pm at the Mentor Senior Center, for a stimulating discussion of the bestsellers, classics and more.
From 1:30-3:00 pm on Wednesday…
- June 19, we will be discussing The Keeper of Lost Things by Ruth Hogan.
- There is no meeting in July. Happy Summer!
- August 21, we will be discussing a book TDB.
Monday Night Book Discussion@ Main
Join librarian Cailey W. for a stimulating discussion of bestselling books. The book club regularly meets on the 4th Monday of the month.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Monday…
- June 24, we will be discussing Silver Girl by Elin Hilderbrand.
- There is no Book Club in July. Happy Summer!
- August 26, we will be discussing a book TBD.
Book and Brush Club @ Main
Join Librarian Barb Hauer for a lively discussion of art historical novels featuring works by various artists.
- There is no meeting scheduled for June. Happy Summer!
- There is no meeting scheduled for July. Happy Summer!
- August 28, we will be discussing a book TBD.
For more information contact Barb Hauer at 440.255.8811, ext. 210, or email Barbara Hauer.
Looking for more books by your favorite author, or want to explore similar authors? Not sure of the next book in the series you’re reading? Then you need NoveList Plus, a comprehensive online readers’ advisory tool. Using NoveList, you can search among hundreds of thousands of popular fiction and readable nonfiction titles, and also retrieve author read-alikes, book lists, book discussion guides, and more.
Plan your adult book discussion group’s season of readings around our sets of books and discussion materials. Check out a set with multiple copies from the library so everyone can be on the same page at the same time. Click here to go to the catalog and see what is available. (If you need additional copies, visit Information Services for assistance in locating more.)