Any time is good for story time, and that includes Christmas time!
We had our first Deck the Halls story time on Wednesday at our Main Branch. We sang songs, jingled bells, made crafts, and read a pair of picture books that are perfect for this time of year like Deck the Walls and Twelve Days of Christmas.
We are hosting a sleigh-full of special programs to celebrate the season at all of our branches, including:
- More Deck the Halls story times with Christmas stories, songs and crafts at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 13, and Tuesday, Dec. 18, at our Main Branch. We’re also hosting holiday story times at 10 a.m. on Thursdays — Dec. 13 and 20 — at our Lake Branch and 11 a.m. at our Headlands Branch. These story times are open to all ages, and no registration is required.
- hide-and-seek with the elf on our shelf. Until Dec. 22, kids can look for the elf hiding on the shelves at our Main Branch. Kids who find it will get a small prize.
- a yoga story time at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 12, at our Lake Branch. Kids (from three to six) can stretch their minds and bodies, using yoga poses to tell the stories of animals in wintertime.
- a Harry Potter Yule Ball from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 12, at The HUB. The crafts and games won’t just be fun. They’ll be magical.
- a Wrap & Yap from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 15, at our Main Branch. Wrapping gifts doesn’t need to be a chore. It can be a party! Bring your unwrapped gifts. We’ll provide wrapping supplies, cocoa, and festive music.
- a holiday craft party for kids at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 17, at our Lake Branch. Kids (kindergarten through fifth grade) will make a variety of easy crafts while learning a bit about world religious traditions. Learn to make a Christmas tree, menorah and Kwanzaa placemat while finding out what they’re all for
- a holiday (gingerbread) house party at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 22 at our Lake Branch. Kids (kindergarten through fifth grade) can decorate their own graham-cracker houses. We’ll provide the graham-cracker homes and everything you need to decorate them.
Finally, kids can celebrate Happy Noon Year at 11:15 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 31, at our Main Branch. Children from three to 10 years old can watch the balloons drop without staying up late.