We’re hosting more than a dozen free computer classes in September at our Main Branch—everything from the most basic introduction to advanced classes for Microsoft Word and Excel.
The classes include:
- an introduction to Windows 10 at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 10.
- an introduction to computers (our most basic class) at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 20.
- an introduction to Microsoft Publisher at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 20.
- two introductions to Facebook at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 21, and 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 28, respectively.
- basic Internet skills at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 21.
- Microsoft Word I at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 21, and Microsoft Word II at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 22.
- basic email skills at 2 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 22.
- introduction to Pinterest at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 27.
- Microsoft Excel I on Tuesday, Sept. 27, Microsoft Excel II on Wednesday, Sept. 28, and Microsoft Excel III on Thursday, Sept. 29. Each class begins at 6:30 p.m.
- introduction to PowerPoint at 2 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 29.
All of the classes are free. However, registration is required; and, because space is limited, you’ll want to sign up as soon as possible. Registration begins Sept. 6 for all but one of the classes. (The exception is our introduction to Windows 10 where registration has already begun.) You can sign up by calling (440) 255-8811 ext. 216.
Additionally, your Mentor Public Library gives you free access to dozens of free online computer classes via Gale Courses. Learn everything from computer basics to advanced techniques for Microsoft, Adobe, Photoshop, and other applications from the convenience of your own computer.