We’re hosting six free computer classes including sessions on Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher at our Main Branch.
The classes include:
- Microsoft Word—Labels & Mail Merge at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 27. Using Microsoft Office, learn how to create mailing labels and perform a mail merge to create labels, envelopes, and form letters.
- Excel I at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 27. In this class, people will learn how to describe a worksheet and its function; create a basic worksheet and learn how to save it to disk; apply simple formulas to perform calculations; apply simple formatting; and explore options for printing a simple worksheet. (Microsoft Word experience necessary.)
- Microsoft Word—Flyers, Pictures & Drawing Tools at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 28. Learn how to use Microsoft Word 2013 to create flyers, manipulate pictures, and to effectively use Word’s Drawing Tools.
- Excel II at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 27. Learn how to create and copy formulas and functions; understand relativity when working with formulas and functions; recognize and troubleshoot errors in formulas and functions; insert, delete and resize rows and columns; and use advanced printing features.
- Microsoft Publisher at 2 p.m. on Thursday, March 1. Learn how to use Publisher to design posters, flyers and more.
- Excel III at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 1. Learn how to hide and freeze columns and rows, use print area and print titles, conditional formatting, and how to create and format charts.
All of the classes are free. However, registration is required; and, because space is limited, people will want to sign up as soon as possible. You can sign up by calling (440) 255-8811 ext. 247.
Additionally, your Mentor Public Library card gives you free access to dozens of free online computer classes via Gale Courses. Learn everything from computer basics to advanced techniques for Microsoft, Adobe, Photoshop, and other applications from the convenience of your own computer.