The classes include:
- an introduction to Pinterest at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, June 26. Learn how to search and use the crafty social medium.
- Excel I at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 26. In this class, people will learn how to describe a worksheet and its function; create a basic worksheet and learn how to save it to disk; apply simple formulas to perform calculations; apply simple formatting; and explore options for printing a simple worksheet. (Microsoft Word experience necessary.)
- basic email skills at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, June 27. Learn how to send emails and attachments, as well as reply to other people’s emails.
- Excel II at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 27. Learn how to create and copy formulas and functions; understand relativity when working with formulas and functions; recognize and troubleshoot errors in formulas and functions; insert, delete and resize rows and columns; and use advanced printing features.
- introduction to Facebook at 2 p.m. on Thursday, June 28. The hands-on class will demonstrate basic Facebook features and tips. Please come to class with your Facebook login information and password.
- Excel III at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 28. Learn how to hide and freeze columns and rows, use print area and print titles, conditional formatting, and how to create and format charts.
All of the classes are free. However, registration is required; and, because space is limited, people will want to sign up as soon as possible. You can sign up by calling (440) 255-8811 ext. 247.
Additionally, your Mentor Public Library gives you free access to dozens of free online computer classes via Gale Courses. Learn everything from computer basics to advanced techniques for Microsoft, Adobe, Photoshop, and other applications from the convenience of your own computer.
Furthermore, if you need help with Facebook, Instagram or some other social media, you should check out Niche Academy, our newest online service. Niche offers short video tutorials that you can watch for free and at your convenience. Learn how to:
- Borrow and read eBooks and digital magazines with OverDrive, Libby, Cloud Library and Flipster
- stream music, television shows, documentaries and movies with Freegal, Hoopla and Kanopy
- use library databases like Ancestry.com, Consumer Reports, Select Reads and Legal Forms
- take free online classes with Gale Courses.
Niche Academy also offers videos that explain how to use online tools like Gmail, Goodreads and social media, including Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat. All of these video tutorials are available for free. You can watch as many as you like at mentorpl.org/niche.