Do you know someone who’s techno-phobic? Do they have a computer but can’t even check their email?
We can help.
We’re offering free classes that will offer a gentle introduction to computers, Facebook, and Microsoft Word this May at our Main Branch.
The classes include:
- an introduction to computers (our most basic class) at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, May 23. People will learn the basic skills they need to use a computer—no previous experience required. This is where you start when you don’t know where to begin.
- Microsoft Word I at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 23, and Microsoft Word II at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 24.
- Facebook basics at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, May 24. This hands-on class will demonstrate basic Facebook features and tips. Please come to class with your Facebook login information and password.
- basic Internet skills at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, May 24. Learn how to navigate the Internet. (Nothing too intense, you won’t be hacking the Pentagon by the end of this session.) You’ll need to know how to use a keyboard and a mouse for this class.
- basic email skills at 2 p.m. on Thursday, May 25. Learn how to send emails and attachments, as well as reply to other people’s emails.
- Microsoft Word—Flyers, Pictures & Drawing Tools at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 25. Learn how to use Microsoft Word 2013 to create flyers, manipulate pictures, and to effectively use Word’s Drawing Tools.
All of the classes are free. However, registration is required; and, because space is limited, you’ll want to sign up as soon as possible. You can sign up by calling (440) 255-8811 ext. 216.
If you need one-on-one help for your tablet, laptop, or smartphone, you can get personal device advice from 10 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 2 p.m. every Thursday this month at our Lake Branch. Please call 440-257-2512 to register ahead of time.
Additionally, your Mentor Public Library gives you free access to dozens of free online computer classes via Gale Courses. Learn everything from computer basics to advanced techniques for Microsoft, Adobe, Photoshop, and other applications from the convenience of your own computer.