We’re hosting eight free computer classes this October at our Main Branch, including sessions on Microsoft Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint, as well as Facebook.
Our classes include:
- Two opportunities to learn Facebook basics: at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 24, and Wednesday, Oct. 25, respectively. Each hands-on class will demonstrate basic Facebook features and tips. Please come to class with your Facebook login information and password.
- Microsoft Word—Flyers, Pictures & Drawing Tools at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 24. Learn how to use Microsoft Word 2013 to create flyers, manipulate pictures, and to effectively use Word’s Drawing Tools.
- Excel I at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 24. In this class, people will learn how to describe a worksheet and its function; create a basic worksheet and learn how to save it to disk; apply simple formulas to perform calculations; apply simple formatting; and explore options for printing a simple worksheet. (Microsoft Word experience necessary.)
- Microsoft Publisher at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 25. Learn how to use Publisher 2013 to design posters and flyers.
- Excel II at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 25. Learn how to create and copy formulas and functions; understand relativity when working with formulas and functions; recognize and troubleshoot errors in formulas and functions; insert, delete and resize rows and columns; and use advanced printing features.
- Microsoft PowerPoint at 2 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 26. Learn how to create, format and save PowerPoint presentations.
- Excel III at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 26. Learn how to hide and freeze columns and rows, use print area and print titles, conditional formatting, and how to create and format charts.
All of the classes are free. However, registration is required; and, because space is limited, people will want to sign up as soon as possible. You can sign up by calling (440) 255-8811 ext. 216.
If someone needs one-on-one help for your tablet, laptop, or smartphone, you can get personal device advice from 10 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 2 p.m. every Thursday this month at our Lake Branch. Please call 440-257-2512 to register ahead of time.
Additionally, your Mentor Public Library gives you free access to dozens of free online computer classes via Gale Courses. Learn everything from computer basics to advanced techniques for Microsoft, Adobe, Photoshop, and other applications from the convenience of your own computer.