Mentor Public Library is hosting six free computer classes at its Main Branch, including sessions on Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The classes include:
- introduction to Facebook at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 23. The hands-on class will demonstrate basic Facebook features and tips. Please come to class with your Facebook login information and password.
- Excel I at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 23. In this class, people will learn how to describe a worksheet and its function; create a basic worksheet and learn how to save it to disk; apply simple formulas to perform calculations; apply simple formatting; and explore options for printing a simple worksheet. (Microsoft Word experience necessary.)
- Microsoft Word—Flyers, Pictures & Drawing Tools at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 24. Learn how to use Microsoft Word 2013 to create flyers, manipulate pictures, and to effectively use Word’s Drawing Tools.
- Excel II at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 24. Learn how to create and copy formulas and functions; understand relativity when working with formulas and functions; recognize and troubleshoot errors in formulas and functions; insert, delete and resize rows and columns; and use advanced printing features.
- Microsoft PowerPoint at 2 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 25. Learn how to create, format and save PowerPoint presentations.
- Excel III at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 25. Learn how to hide and freeze columns and rows, use print area and print titles, conditional formatting, and how to create and format charts.
All of the classes are free. However, registration is required; and, because space is limited, people will want to sign up as soon as possible. You can sign up by calling (440) 255-8811 ext. 247.