We’re hosting eight free computer classes this month at its Main Branch, including sessions on Microsoft Excel and Word.
The classes include:
- Microsoft Word—Flyers, Pictures & Drawing Tools at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 19. Learn how to use Microsoft Word 2013 to create flyers, manipulate pictures, and to effectively use Word’s Drawing Tools.
- Excel I at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 19, and again at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 20. In this class, people will learn how to describe a worksheet and its function; create a basic worksheet and learn how to save it to disk; apply simple formulas to perform calculations; apply simple formatting; and explore options for printing a simple worksheet. (Microsoft Word experience necessary.)
- introduction to Facebook at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 20. The hands-on class will demonstrate basic Facebook features and tips. Please come to class with your Facebook login information and password.
- Excel II at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 20, and again at 2 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 21. Learn how to create and copy formulas and functions; understand relativity when working with formulas and functions; recognize and troubleshoot errors in formulas and functions; insert, delete and resize rows and columns; and use advanced printing features.
- introduction to Pinterest at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Feb. 21. Learn how to use Pinterest, a social medium specializing in art, crafts and pictures.
- Excel III at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 21. Learn how to hide and freeze columns and rows, use print area and print titles, conditional formatting, and how to create and format charts.
All of the classes are free. However, registration is required; and, because space is limited, people will want to sign up as soon as possible. You can sign up by calling (440) 255-8811 ext. 247.
It also offers training for popular software and developer tools, including the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and several coding languages.