We’re hosting eight free computer classes at its Main Branch, including sessions about Microsoft Excel and Word. Become a Microsft master!
The classes include:
- introduction to Facebook at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, June 25. The hands-on class will demonstrate basic Facebook features and tips. Please come to class with your Facebook login information and password.
- Excel I at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 25, and again at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, June 26. In this class, people will learn how to describe a worksheet and its function; create a basic worksheet and learn how to save it to disk; apply simple formulas to perform calculations; apply simple formatting; and explore options for printing a simple worksheet. (Microsoft Word experience necessary.)
- Microsoft Word I at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, June 26, and Microsoft Word II at 10 a.m. on Thursday, June 27. Learn basic and then progressively more advanced techniques for Microsoft’s word processing software.
- Excel II at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 26, and again at 2 p.m. on Thursday, June 27. Learn how to create and copy formulas and functions; understand relativity when working with formulas and functions; recognize and troubleshoot errors in formulas and functions; insert, delete and resize rows and columns; and use advanced printing features.
- Excel III at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 27. Learn how to hide and freeze columns and rows, use print area and print titles, conditional formatting, and how to create and format charts.
All of the classes are free. However, registration is required; and, because space is limited, you will want to sign up as soon as possible. You can sign up by calling (440) 255-8811 ext. 247.