Any time is good for story time, and that includes Christmas time!
We had our first Deck the Halls story time on Wednesday at our Main Branch. We sang songs, jingled bells, made crafts, and read a pair of picture books that are perfect for this time of year:
- Santa Duck by David Milgrim, about a duck the other animals keep mistaking for Saint Nick
- Santa’s Suit by Kate Lee and Edward Eaves, which tells the story of when Santa tried to update his outfit
We have two more Deck the Halls story times at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 6, Thursday, Dec. 14, and Tuesday, Dec. 19, at our Main Branch. These story times are open to all ages, and no registration is required.
We are also hosting a sleigh-full of special programs to celebrate the season at all of our branches, including:
- playing hide-and-seek with Elf on the Shelf. Kids can search for the elf on the shelves of our Children’s Department at the Main Branch every day from Dec. 1 to 22. Kids who find our elf will win a small prize.
- a special holiday Rhyme Time at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 12, at our Lake Branch.
- our one-woman holiday show with Judy Crawford at 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 13, at our Main Branch. Crawford will sing standards that will make you want to give a standing ovation.
- savoring a Harry Potter Christmas at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 13, at our Lake Branch. Kids from eight to 12 years old can enjoy refreshments, trivia, and DIY Harry Potter ornaments.
- a holiday concert with the Travelin’ Man Band at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 14, at the Headlands Community Center, 9096 Lake Overlook Drive, which is across the street from our Headlands Branch.
- getting creative at a Holiday Crafting Party for teens at 6 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 18, at our Lake Branch.
Finally, kids can celebrate Happy Noon Year at 11:15 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 31, at our Main Branch. Children from three to 10 years old can watch the balloons drop without staying up late.