Did you know there are four PokéStops and a gym within walking distance of our Lake Branch?
Join your fellow trainers as we visit each one and capture wild Pokémon from 2 to 3 p.m. this Saturday, Sept. 3!
Our Poké program is free to attend and open to all kids from 10 to 18 years old. However, we do ask that you register beforehand. You can sign up online or by calling the Lake Branch at (440) 257-2512.
Please bring a charged device with Pokémon Go pre-installed and be prepared to walk.
By the way, Pokémon trainers can also earn gym badges by completing challenges at our Main Branch:
- for the Boulder Badge, tell a librarian about your favorite book.
- for the Cascade Badge, play our Who’s that Pokemon challenge.
- for the Thunder Badge, show us your highest-level Pokémon.
- for the Rainbow Badge, check out a fiction book.
- for the Soul Badge, it’s Quiz Time! Go ask a librarian for a question.
- for the Marsh Badge, find a book about somewhere that you’d like to visit.
- for the Volcano Badge, show us a screenshot of a Pokémon that you caught at the library. (Yes, we’re a PokéStop, and you never know when we’re going to drop a lure.)
- for the Earth Badge, find Mewtwo in the library and tell a librarian what he’s saying.
You can earn two badges per week. If you earn all eight badges, you also win a prize!