Our lecture series focusing on 20th Century US Presidents continues this month with a program focused on Harry Truman.
Truman, a former haberdasher from Missouri, rose to the ranks of president. He guided the country through the conclusion of World War II and beginning of the Cold War.
The talk will be 6:30 on Thursday, Aug. 16, at our Main Branch. The speaker will be the library’s John Foster—who, in addition to being a librarian, has a doctorate degree in history.
The talk is free and open to all. People can register to attend online or call us at (440) 255-8811 ext. 247.
Other historical talks by Foster can be watched on our YouTube page, including:
- Woodrow Wilson: The Rise of American Internationalism
- Theodore Roosevelt: Making the Modern President
- The Nuremberg Trials
- Major Leaders of World War II: Winston Churchill
- Major Leaders of World War II: Franklin Delano Roosevelt
- Major Leaders of World War II: Josef Stalin
- The Battle of Stalingrad
- The Nazi’s Final Solution
- The Fall of Berlin
- Nazism in Power