We’ve got a sweet craft for you!
Kids can design and build their own houses with graham crackers and frosting on at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 22, at our Lake Branch.
Then they can use sweets to decorate their architecture.
Our program is free and open to all children from kindergarten through fifth grade. However, we do ask that you sign up beforehand. You can register online or call our Lake Branch at (440) 257-2512.
By the way, we are hosting a sleigh-full of special programs to celebrate the season at all of our branches, including:
- Deck the Halls story times with Christmas stories, songs and crafts at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 13 and Tuesday, Dec. 18, at our Main Branch. We’re also hosting holiday story times at 10 a.m. on Thursdays — Dec. 13, and 20 — at our Lake Branch. These story times are open to all ages, and no registration is required.
- hide-and-seek with the elf on our shelf. Until Dec. 22, kids can look for the elf hiding on the shelves at our Main Branch. Kids who find it will get a small prize.
- a yoga story time at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 12, at our Lake Branch. Kids (from three to six) can stretch their minds and bodies, using yoga poses to tell the stories of animals in wintertime.
- a Harry Potter Yule Ball from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 12, at The HUB. The crafts and games won’t just be fun. They’ll be magical.
- a holiday craft party for kids at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 17, at our Lake Branch. Kids (kindergarten through fifth grade) will make a variety of easy crafts while learning a bit about world religious traditions. Learn to make a Christmas tree, menorah and Kwanzaa placemat while finding out what they’re all for
Finally, kids can celebrate Happy Noon Year at 11:15 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 31, at our Main Branch. Children from three to 10 years old can watch the balloons drop without staying up late.