Kids, we want you to read this summer.
Of course, we do. We’re a library.
But we want you to go outside and play too. After all, a healthy mind and a healthy body both matter.
So here’s the deal: When you sign up for our summer reading program—and you should totally sign up for our summer reading program—you’ll get a log with 20 activities.
If you complete 10 of these activities by July 31, we’ll give you a free book.
And what are these activities? They include:
- going for a hike in the Metroparks
- swimming at a Mentor pool
- visiting the beach and building a sand castle
- taking a family bike ride
- flying a kite
- attending a Mentor Public Library children’s program
- Learning a new jump-rope chant and jumping rope
- visiting a park and using the playground equipment
- catching a firefly (and letting it go)
- making your own hopscotch court and playing hopscotch
- visiting the zoo
- building a fort
- sending us a postcard from your vacation (8215 Mentor Ave., Mentor, OH, 44060)
- checking out a cookbook and trying a new recipe
- playing hide-n-seek
- playing a round of mini golf
- going on a picnic
- playing catch
- doing a yo-yo trick for the children’s librarian
So get out there, get active; and, make sure to update your Summer Reading log, so you can get a book!
Our Summer Reading program runs until July 31. You can sign up at any of our branches. You can win cool prizes, including Toys ‘R’ Us gift cards and Lake County Captains tickets. Of course, reading is also its own reward!