We kicked off our Move-It Monday series with some actual kick offs when we took the kids to football training camp yesterday!
This year, Summer Reading is dedicated to getting you active mentally and physically. So we’ve got programs to keep kids moving at 1 p.m. every Monday at our Read House through the end of July.
This Monday, kids practiced their spirals, extra points, agility, and touchdown dances at our fun football training camp.
We also blitzed their brains with some puzzles (and gave them ice cream.)
Families are welcome to Move-It Monday all summer long. No registration necessary. Each week has a different theme.
- On June 13, kids can try out kung fu, yoga, and other fun activities.
- On June 20, we’re playing net sports.
- On June 27, we’re breaking out the parachutes for some fun games.
- On July 11, kids can play old-fashioned outdoor games on the Read House lawn.
- On July 18, you can get your kicks with soccer.
- Finally, on July 25, we’ll be learning about nutrition.
In addition to games, there will also be crafts and snacks.
While you’re here, sign up for our Summer Reading program—teens and adults too! We have programs and prizes for everyone.
Everybody who participates in summer reading—either by reading books or attending library programs—has a chance to win prizes. The more someone reads, the better chance they have of winning.
Kids who read or are read to up to 15 hours will also receive a Library Champion lawn sign and window cling.
For more information on our summer reading programs, call 440-255-8811 or peruse our website.