Mentor Public Library Organizational Values
We believe in Accountability. We are passionate about the needs of our community and our profession and are responsible stewards of our resources.
- We are responsive to our users, employees, and community
- We optimize resources, including staff, facilities and revenue
- We maintain high professional standards
- We adhere to the Library Bill of Rights
We believe in Connectivity. We work to achieve productive, positive connections in our community and within our Library and continually foster new dynamic relationships.
- We are guided by a high-tech, high-touch philosophy, coupling technology and innovation with a personal touch
- We pursue partnerships that best leverage library and partner resources and add value to the community
- We practice teamwork within the organization
- We match library resources/media with user requests and in response to changing user needs
- We achieve a balance between personal service and innovative technologies
We believe in Integrity. We operate with the highest level of honesty, confidentiality, and professionalism.
- Adherence to the work ethic
- Maintenance of high standards in achievement and behavior
- Striving for excellence
- Serving as an authoritative resource
We believe in a Future-Focus. We anticipate the changing needs of our users and go beyond them to find efficient, effective solutions in harmony with community values. We create better solutions before users even realize there is a need.
- We continually set higher standards
- We Lead; we are resources for others wanting to lead
- We are fearless, accountable risk-takers
- We are a vital community partner
- We cultivate an environment of leadership in technology