As part of our Know Poe month in July, we’re holding a city-wide book club called Mentor Reads.
We’ve compiled some of Edgar Allan Poe’s most famous poems and short stories, including “The Raven,” “The Tell-Tale Heart” and more, into books that are available throughout Mentor and Mentor-on-the-Lake.
Take a book. It’s free! You can then join us at any of these locations for a discussion on Poe and his work. If you’ve always been interested in joining a book club or just love reading, this is a great place to begin.
Discussions will be at:
- Monday, July 7, 11 a.m. at Walsh Park
- Tuesday, July 15, 11 a.m. at Melt Bar and Grilled
- Monday, July 21, 7 p.m. at Mentor Public Library Main Branch
- Tuesday, July 22, 2 p.m. at Mentor Beach Park
- Tuesday, July 22, 7:30 p.m. at Yours Truly
- Wednesday, July 23, 1:30 p.m. at Mentor Senior Center
- Friday, July 25, 12 p.m. at the News Herald
- Tuesday, July 29, 6:30p.m. at Mentor Public Library Main Branch
- Wednesday, July 30, 6:30 p.m. at Mentor Public Library Main Branch
- Thursday, July 31, 7 p.m. at Wildwood Cultural Center
You can come to one or all of them. We can’t wait to hear what you think.
If you have questions or you want a free copy of Edgar Allan Poe’s selected works, visit your Mentor Library or call (440) 255-8811 ext. 213.