It’s not Christmas until Rudolph finds his nose and Vern the Bird sings for you—at least, it’s not Christmas at our Headlands Branch.
In other words, Christmas can’t happen until Mr. Dennis performs his annual holiday comedy show for kids.
This year’s show will be at 7 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 12. Mr. Dennis will be joined by favorites like Vern and the Magical Washing Machine that launders Christmas stockings.
The ha-ha holiday show is free and open to all families. However, we do ask that your sign up beforehand. You can register on our website or by calling our Headlands Branch at (440) 257-2000.
The fun doesn’t end with Mr. Dennis either!
We are hosting a sleigh-full of special programs to celebrate the season at all of our branches, including:
- Deck the Halls story times with Christmas stories, songs and crafts at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 6, Wednesday, Dec. 14, and Thursday, Dec. 22, at our Main Branch. These story times are open to all ages, and no registration is required.
- Merry Grinch-mas. Families can join us for some fun Whoville activities and help the Grinch find the true meaning of Christmas at 1 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 3, at our Main Branch.
- Holiday origami. Learn the basics of origami and how to make your own ornament with nothing more than paper at 6 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 5, at our Main Branch.
- special holiday Rhyme Times at 10:30 a.m. at our Lake Branch. The theme will be “Winter” on Tuesday, Dec. 6, and “Very Merry” on Tuesday, Dec. 13.
- a Very Vintage Christmas with our Time Travelers Club at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 7, at our Lake Branch. Each month, the club tries out games, crafts and activities from the past.
- a mystery where kids can search for Frosty at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 10, at our Headlands Branch.
- a holiday concert with the Travelin’ Man Band at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 14, at the Headlands Community Center, 9096 Lake Overlook Drive, which is across the street from our Headlands Branch.
- a Christmas celebration for kids with cocoa and jolliness to spare at 3 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 19, at our Lake Branch.
- a chance for families to make their own graham-cracker “ginger bread” houses without the ginger bread. Families can use graham crackers, frosting, and sweets to create something delicious at 2 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 23, at our Lake Branch.