Your Mentor Public Library card already gives you free access to books, movies, music, video games, and more. But it just became an even better bargain.
Starting Sept. 12, you can earn discounts on food, recreation, gym memberships, and more—just for checking out books, videos and other items from any of our three branches—with My Library Rewards!
Here’s how it works:
- Using your library card number, you can sign up with MyLibraryRewards.com. Registration is free.
- Then, whenever you check out an item from Mentor Public Library—be it a book, video game, or movie—you get 10 points. If you check out five items, you get 50 points, and so on. You can earn up to 100 points each week.
- Next, you can “spend” those points to receive discounts and even free services at local businesses.
Mentor Public Library has already teamed with nearly 40 local organizations and businesses that are offering more than 60 different deals that MPL patrons can receive.
Those deals include:
- For 200 points, you can get a free movie ticket when you buy one at regular price at Atlas Cinemas (both at Great Lakes Mall and Diamond Centre locations.)
- For 300 points, you can get a free 1-week family pass from Lake County YMCA.
- Also for 300 points, you can get $10 off a ticket to any Fine Arts Association production for the 2016-2017 season (except for holiday productions.)
You can also earn discounts on oil changes for your car, art classes, personal trainers, frozen yogurt, tandem skydiving, gym memberships, cooking classes, pizza, pedicures, candle making, yoga, computer repairs, guitar lessons, cosmic bowling, karate classes and more.
For a full list of deals, visit MyLibraryRewards.com and enter Mentor’s zip code, 44060, in the search bar.
My Library Rewards is an Indiana-based company that helps libraries and local businesses work together to provide even more value to library patrons.
Thousands of library users across the country have already signed up for My Library Rewards. However, Mentor Public Library is its first partner library in Ohio.
If you have any questions about My Library Rewards, visit their FAQ page.
Businesses or organizations that would like to partner with Mentor Public Library and My Library Rewards can email MPL’s Community Outreach Coordinator Jason Lea at Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org.