We have programs for all ages and at all of our branches, including:
- Dancing! Kids from three to eight years old can celebrate dance along with us and Fine Arts Association at 7 p.m., Tuesday, April 12, at our Main Branch. The program consists of storytelling, a short performance by ballerinas, and the chance to dance.
- Cupcakes! Teens can compete in a cupcake war at 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, April 13, at our Lake Branch. Decorate a cupcake based on the book of your choice. The winner gets a prize!
- Writing and romance! Romance author Virginia Nelson will talk about her books, writing, and publishing during her visit on 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, April 13, at our Main Branch.
- Prehistoric Ohio! Bill Urbanski, an expert on prehistoric cultures and wildlife, will talk about the prehistoric humans of Ohio and the plants and animals that made up their world at 6:30, Monday, April 11, at our Main Branch.
- Coding! Tweens, if you’ve ever wondered how video games work or how to make them, come visit our Headlands Branch at 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 16.
- The Civil War! Join us for not one but two talks about the American Civil War with experts from James A. Garfield National Historic Site. Learn about the postwar lives of Civil War leaders like Ulysses Grant, Robert E. Lee and more at noon on Wednesday, April 13, at our Main Branch. Then, hear about the military campaign that led to the calamitous Battle of Chickamauga at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 14, also at our Main Branch.
- Volunteering! If you want to know about volunteering opportunities at Mentor Public Library, come visit us at 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 16, at our Main Branch.
- Shredding! We’re partnering with Xpress Shredding for our sixth annual Shred Day from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, April 16. People can drop off as many five document-storage boxes or bags of paper and get them shredded for free.