Laptop computers are available for in-house checkout at all Mentor Public Library branches. Individuals 18 years or older with a Mentor Public Library card in good standing and a government-issued ID (such as a driver’s license) can check out a laptop for use within the library. A parent or guardian that checks out a laptop for use by a minor child is required to stay with the child during use. Note: If you have outstanding fines or fees of $5.00 or more, you will not be permitted to check out a laptop until your fine is paid.
To check out a laptop, visit the Reference Desk. You can checkout a laptop for up to 4 hours. Loan period will end 10 minutes prior to building closing time. Laptops are available on a first come first serve basis and may not be reserved.
Software & Hardware available on the laptops:
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Office (includes Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint)
- Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox
- CD/DVD read only drive, USB drive slots
- All laptops have internet access through the library’s wireless network
- Skype and Google Talk by appointment only. Please call in advance to set up a time to make your calls.
Optional Hardware available for checkout:
- Mouse Pad
- Power Cable
Disclaimer: Please be aware that if you check out a laptop, you are financially responsible if it is lost or damaged. Replacement cost is $1,200.