Marshmallow Madness @ MOL
Join us at the Lake branch, Where we will play a variety of marshmallow games and enjoy the gooey taste of marshmallows! For additional information, contact the Lake Branch – 440-257-2512 or register online.
FIFA 2016 Tournament
Saturday, May 28, 2016
This program is free and open to the public. The program will be held in the lower level of the Main Library in the James R. Garfield Room. Register online or call the library at 440.255.8811, ext. 215 for more information.
Teen Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Hey, teens… why should adults have all the fun? Stop by the Lake Branch for a book club that’s just for you! No tests, no grades–no stress! Meetings are held from 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. on the first Saturday of the month.
From 2:00-3:30 pm on Saturday…
- May 7th, we will be discussing I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson.
For more information Call Ariel J. at 440-257-2512. Click to see the Teen Book Club’s 2016 book list.
Write On – Teen Writing Club
A monthly creative writing club for teens. Each month focuses on a different prompt. A fun way to expand your creative writing and get some great ideas. All writing levels welcomed, and snacks will be provided.
We will be meeting from 4:30-5:30 pm on Monday,
This program is free and open to the public, but registration is required. The program will be held in the Frances Cleveland Room on the 2nd floor of the Main Library. Register online or call the library at 440.255.8811, ext. 215 for more information.
Recommended Teen Books
- Kirkus Reviews Best Teen Books of 2015 – Kirkus is one of the best-known book review magazine/website. See which books were best in 2015!
- The Top 60 YA Books of 2015 – A compiled checklist of the best books of 2015. How many have you read?
- YALSA Teens’ Top Ten – A “teen choice” list, where teens nominate and choose their favorite books of the previous year!
- Printz Awards – An award for a book that exemplifies literary excellence in young adult literature.
- TIME’s 100 Best Young-Adult books of All Time – TIME compiled a survey to honor the best best books for young adults. (Produced in January 2015)
- The Ultimate Teen Reading List (by teenreads.com)
Test Prep Websites – SAT/ACT
Looking to Prepare for your SATs or ACTs? Try the following websites for tutorials and practice tests.
- Practice Tests and Training – (Formerly Learning Express Library.) Click on Access Learning Express Anonymously (Provided by Ohio Means Jobs)
- Gale Courses
- Khan Academy
Download eBooks & Audiobooks!
Don’t read your books – Listen to them instead! Not only can you download eBooks at MPL, but now you can also download Audiobooks. Audiobooks can now be loaded onto PCs, Macs®, MP3 players, and many other mobile devices directly from your computer at home.
Mentor Public Library has expanded its online services by adding “eAudiobooks,” available to download from the library’s Web site through a new service powered by OverDrive. The service is free to patrons with a Mentor Public Library card. Users will need to install OverDrive® Media Console™ a free software found on the library’s Web site. For more information, go to our Digital Library page or call 440-255-8811 ext. 215.