Summer Reading: May 26 – July 31
Summer Reading Lists 2016
Be the Board
Get in the game! Join us for an afternoon of lifesize games including jenga and twister. Wear old clothes because YOU WILL GET MESSY.
This program is free and open to the public. The program will be held on the Read House Lawn (located next door to the Main Library). Register online or call the library at 440.255.8811, ext. 215 for more information.
Snacks In the Stacks @ MOL
Teens! Healthy food doesn’t always taste terrible! Come to the Lake branch to make yummy recipes, play games, and eat our creations! For additional information, contact the Lake Branch – 440-257-2512 or register online.
Time Travellers’ Club @ MOL
Join us each month as we try out games, crafts, and other activities that were popular in the past! Snacks and refreshments will be provided. For additional information, contact the Lake Branch – 440-257-2512 or register online.
Duck Tape Crafts @ MOL
Wednesday, August 10, 2016
Join us at the Lake Branch and make your own Duct Tape bag or wallet! For additional information, contact the Lake Branch – 440-257-2512 or register online.
Please note: Attendee must be between the ages of 12 Years and 17 Years old.
Recommended Teen Books
- Kirkus Reviews Best Teen Books of 2015 – Kirkus is one of the best-known book review magazine/website. See which books were best in 2015!
- The Top 60 YA Books of 2015 – A compiled checklist of the best books of 2015. How many have you read?
- YALSA Teens’ Top Ten – A “teen choice” list, where teens nominate and choose their favorite books of the previous year!
- Printz Awards – An award for a book that exemplifies literary excellence in young adult literature.
- TIME’s 100 Best Young-Adult books of All Time – TIME compiled a survey to honor the best best books for young adults. (Produced in January 2015)
- The Ultimate Teen Reading List (by teenreads.com)
Test Prep Websites – SAT/ACT
Looking to Prepare for your SATs or ACTs? Try the following websites for tutorials and practice tests.
- Practice Tests and Training – (Formerly Learning Express Library.) Click on Access Learning Express Anonymously (Provided by Ohio Means Jobs)
- Gale Courses
- Khan Academy
Download eBooks & Audiobooks!
Don’t read your books – Listen to them instead! Not only can you download eBooks at MPL, but now you can also download Audiobooks. Audiobooks can now be loaded onto PCs, Macs®, MP3 players, and many other mobile devices directly from your computer at home.
Mentor Public Library has expanded its online services by adding “eAudiobooks,” available to download from the library’s Web site through a new service powered by OverDrive. The service is free to patrons with a Mentor Public Library card. Users will need to install OverDrive® Media Console™ a free software found on the library’s Web site. For more information, go to our Digital Library page or call 440-255-8811 ext. 215.