Teen Holiday Party!
Saturday, December 12, 2015
Teens! Join us for a holiday party extravaganza! Wear your favorite ugly sweater for the chance to win a prize! Eat pizza and decorate cookies! Make some holiday crafts! Please register to attend. This program is for grades 7-12.
The program will be held in the lower level of the Main Library in the Village Room. Register online or call the library at 440.255.8811, ext. 215 for more information.
Teen Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Hey, teens… why should adults have all the fun? Stop by the Lake Branch for a book club that’s just for you! No tests, no grades–no stress! Meetings are held from 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. on the first Saturday of the month.
From 2:00-3:30 pm on Saturday…
- December 5th, we will be discussing Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell.
- January 2nd, 2016, we will be discussing Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick.
- February 6th, we will be discussing Far Far Away by Tom McNeal.
Write On – Teen Writing Club
A monthly creative writing club for teens. Each month focuses on a different prompt. A fun way to expand your creative writing and get some great ideas. All writing levels welcomed, and snacks will be provided.
We will be meeting from 4:30-5:30 pm on Monday,
This program is free and open to the public, but registration is required. The program will be held in the Frances Cleveland Room on the 2nd floor of the Main Library. Register online or call the library at 440.255.8811, ext. 215 for more information.
Recommended Teen Books
- YALSA Teens’ Top Ten – A “teen choice” list, where teens nominate and choose their favorite books of the previous year!
- TIME’s 100 Best Young-Adult books of All Time – TIME compiled a survey to honor the best best books for young adults. (Produced in January 2015)
- Printz Awards – An award for a book that exemplifies literary excellence in young adult literature.
- The Ultimate Teen Reading List (by teenreads.com)
- Kirkus Reviews Best Teen Books of 2013 – Kirkus is one of the best know book review magazine/website.
- NPR Top 100 Teen Books – NPR list of 100 Best-Ever Teen Novels. Books were voted on by the NPR public. This is a longer document displaying title, author, covers, and summaries of each book. (Produced in August 2012)
Test Prep Websites – SAT/ACT
Looking to Prepare for your SATs or ACTs? Try the following websites for tutorials and practice tests.
- Practice Tests and Training – (Formerly Learning Express Library.) Click on Access Learning Express Anonymously (Provided by Ohio Means Jobs)
- Gale Courses
- Khan Academy
Don’t read your books – Listen to them instead! Not only can you download eBooks at MPL, but now you can also download Audiobooks. Audiobooks can now be loaded onto PCs, Macs®, MP3 players, and many other mobile devices directly from your computer at home.
Mentor Public Library has expanded its online services by adding “eAudiobooks,” available to download from the library’s Web site through a new service powered by OverDrive. The service is free to patrons with a Mentor Public Library card. Users will need to install OverDrive® Media Console™ a free software found on the library’s Web site. For more information, go to our Digital Library page or call 440-255-8811 ext. 215.