International Games Day: FIFA Tournament @ Main
Teens! Join us to celebrate all things games for International Games Day! Celebrate with people all over the world while you compete in a FIFA Tournament. A $25 Gamestop Gift care (and bragging rights) will go to the winner! Attendee must be between the ages of 12 Years and 18 Years old.
This program is free and open to the public. The program will be held in the lower level of the Main Library in the Village Room. Register online or call the library at 440.255.8811, ext. 247 for more information.
Write On – Teen Writing Club @ Main
A monthly creative writing club for teens. Each month focuses on a different prompt. A fun way to expand your creative writing and get some great ideas. All writing levels welcomed, and snacks will be provided.
We will be meeting from 4:30-5:30 pm on Monday,
- December 18, 2017
- January 15, 2018
This program is free and open to the public, but registration is required. The program will be held in the Frances Cleveland Room on the 2nd floor of the Main Library. Register online or call the library at 440.255.8811, ext. 247 for more information.
Closed for Thanksgiving
Thursday, November 23, 2017 — All branches will be closed for the day. The library will reopen on Friday, November 24th.
Time Travelers Club @ MOL
Teens! Join us each month as we try out games, crafts, and other activities that were popular in the past! Snacks and refreshments will be provided.
For additional information, contact the Lake Branch – 440-257-2512 or register online. Attendees must be between the ages of 12 Years and 18 Years old.
Holiday Crafting Party (for Teens) @ Lake
Peppermint candy never looked and tasted so dandy at the Lake Branch. Enjoy a nice treat while you make festive crafts and decor for your favorite holiday. Attendee must be between the ages of 12 Years and 18 Years old.
For additional information, contact the Lake Branch – 440-257-2512 or register online.
Clashing Controllers @ Lake
Get your game on! Challenge your friends at this monthly video game party held at the Mentor-on-the-Lake Branch! For additional information contact the Lake Branch – 440-257-2512.
- January 17, 2018
- February 21, 2018
Recommended Teen Books
- Teen’s Top 10 – YALSA – A “teen choice” list, where teens nominate and choose their favorite books of the previous year! Now voting for 2017!
- 2016 Best Fiction for Young Adults – YALSA
- 2015 Kirkus Reviews Best Teen Books – Kirkus is one of the best-known book review magazine/website. See which books were best in 2015!
- The Top 60 YA Books of 2015 – A compiled checklist of the best books of 2015. How many have you read?
- Printz Awards – An award for a book that exemplifies literary excellence in young adult literature.
- TIME’s 100 Best Young-Adult books of All Time – TIME compiled a survey to honor the best best books for young adults. (Produced in January 2015)
Test Prep Websites – SAT/ACT
Looking to Prepare for your SATs or ACTs? Try the following websites for tutorials and practice tests.
- Practice Tests and Training – Click on Access Learning Express Anonymously (Provided by Ohio Means Jobs)
- Gale Courses
- Khan Academy
Download eBooks & Audiobooks!
Don’t read your books – Listen to them instead! Not only can you download eBooks at MPL, but now you can also download Audiobooks. Audiobooks can now be loaded onto PCs, Macs®, MP3 players, and many other mobile devices directly from your computer at home.
Mentor Public Library has expanded its online services by adding “eAudiobooks,” available to download from the library’s Web site through a new service powered by OverDrive. The service is free to patrons with a Mentor Public Library card. Users will need to install OverDrive® Media Console™ a free software found on the library’s Web site. For more information, go to our Digital Library page or call 440-255-8811 ext. 215.