Fresh Colors: Teen Art Club @ Main
A new club for teens grades 6-12. Love art or just want to give something new a try? Each month we will explore an artist or medium. Supplies will be provided. Express your creativity at MPL!
- March 15 (meeting in the Cleveland Room this month)
- April 19
This program is free and open to the public, but registration is required. The program will be held in the Garfield Room on the lower level of the Main Library. Call the library at 440.255.8811, ext. 247 for more information or register online.
Write On – Teen Writing Club @ Main
A monthly creative writing club for teens. Each month focuses on a different prompt. A fun way to expand your creative writing and get some great ideas. All writing levels welcomed, and snacks will be provided.
We will be meeting from 4:30-5:30 pm on Monday,
- March 19, 2018
- April 16, 2018
This program is free and open to the public, but registration is required. The program will be held in the Frances Cleveland Room on the 2nd floor of the Main Library. Register online or call the library at 440.255.8811, ext. 247 for more information.
Clashing Controllers @ Lake
Get your game on! Challenge your friends at this monthly video game party held at the Mentor-on-the-Lake Branch! For additional information contact the Lake Branch – 440-257-2512.
- March 21, 2018
- April 18, 2018
Recommended Teen Books
- Teen’s Top 10 – YALSA – A “teen choice” list, where teens nominate and choose their favorite books of the previous year! Now listing the best of 2017!
- “Best of the Best” Fiction for Young Adults – YALSA
- Printz Awards – An award for a book that exemplifies literary excellence in young adult literature.
- TIME’s 100 Best Young-Adult books of All Time – TIME compiled a survey to honor the best best books for young adults. (Produced in January 2015)
Test Prep Websites – SAT/ACT
Looking to Prepare for your SATs or ACTs? Try the following websites for tutorials and practice tests.
- Practice Tests and Training – Click on Access Learning Express Anonymously (Provided by Ohio Means Jobs)
- Gale Courses
- Khan Academy
Download eBooks & Audiobooks!
Don’t read your books – Listen to them instead! Not only can you download eBooks at MPL, but now you can also download Audiobooks. Audiobooks can now be loaded onto PCs, Macs®, MP3 players, and many other mobile devices directly from your computer at home.
Mentor Public Library has expanded its online services by adding “eAudiobooks,” available to download from the library’s Web site through a new service powered by OverDrive. The service is free to patrons with a Mentor Public Library card. Users will need to install OverDrive® Media Console™ a free software found on the library’s Web site. For more information, go to our Digital Library page or call 440-255-8811 ext. 215.