Get in the holiday spirit with a free show by The Travelin’ Man Band.
They’ll be playing Christmas tunes at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 13, at the Headlands Community Center—which is at 9096 Lake Overlook Drive, across the street from our Headlands Branch.
By the way, we are hosting a sleigh—sorry, we mean a slew—of special programs to celebrate the season at all of our branches. That includes:
- Deck the Halls story times with Christmas stories, songs and crafts at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 6, Thursday, Dec. 14, and Tuesday, Dec. 19, at our Main Branch. These story times are open to all ages, and no registration is required.
- playing hide-and-seek with Elf on the Shelf. Kids can search for the elf on the shelves of our Children’s Department at the Main Branch every day from Dec. 1 to 22. Kids who find our elf will win a small prize.
- Decorating cookies. Kids from three to seven years old can decorate cookies and enjoy some tasty stories during our You Can’t Catch Me story time at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 9, at our Main Branch.
- celebrating at our Annual Headlands Christmas program. Kids from kindergarten through fifth grade can enjoy seasonal songs, stories and crafts at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 9, at our Headlands Branch.
- laughing with Mr. Dennis’s yearly Christmas comedy show at 7 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 11, at our Headlands Branch. Enjoy high-jinks with Vern the Bird and help Rudolph find his missing nose.
- a special holiday Rhyme Time at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 12, at our Lake Branch.
- our one-woman holiday show with Judy Crawford at 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 13, at our Main Branch. Crawford will sing standards that will make you want to give a standing ovation.
- savoring a Harry Potter Christmas at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 13, at our Lake Branch. Kids from eight to 12 years old can enjoy refreshments, trivia, and DIY Harry Potter ornaments.
- a holiday concert with the Travelin’ Man Band at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 14, at the Headlands Community Center, 9096 Lake Overlook Drive, which is across the street from our Headlands Branch.
- getting creative at a Holiday Crafting Party for teens at 6 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 18, at our Lake Branch.
Finally, kids can celebrate Happy Noon Year at 11:15 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 31, at our Main Branch. Children from three to 10 years old can watch the balloons drop without staying up late.