She’ll talk about crafting memorable mysteries and discuss the newest book in her series, Dim Sum of all Fears, at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 5, at our Main Branch. With page-turners like Death by Dumpling and Murder Lo Mein, Chien’s made the Ho-Lee Noodle House a favorite spot for mystery lovers.
Chien’s books will be available for sale and signing after the program. Her talk is free to attend and open to all. However, because of space limitations, we do require that you register beforehand. You can sign up online or call us at (440) 255-8811 ext. 247.
Chien’s visit kicks off a Month of Mystery at Mentor Public Library. Throughout October, some of the best mystery and true-crime authors will be visiting us, including:
- Emmy-winning filmmaker Mark W. Stone and author James Badal (In the Wake of the Butcher: Cleveland’s Torso Murders) at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 7.
- Award-winning mystery writer D.M. Pulley to discuss her newest novel, No One’s Home, at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 8.
- Kylie Logan (also known as Casey Daniels), the author of the League of Literary Ladies and Pepper Martin Mysteries series, at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 9.
- Brad Ricca, author of Mrs. Sherlock Holmes, the phenomenal true story of Grace Humiston, the first woman U.S. District Attorney, at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 17.
- Jane Ann Turzillo, who will take us on a tour of the murderers, tricksters, train robbers, and more in Ohio’s wicked past at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 22.
All of these author visits are open to all, free to attend, and require registration. Additionally, they’re all hosted at our Main Branch.
During our Mystery Month, you can also:
- Learn about the eerie and odd legends of Lake County on Thursday, Oct. 10, at our Main Branch.
- Explore the secrets of the Lizzie Borden murders, the sinking of the Titanic and more with professional magician Jim Kleefeld on Tuesday, Oct. 15, at our Main Branch.
We also have mystery programs for all ages and at all of our branches, so visit our event calendar to see which intrigue you.