On behalf of Mentor Public Library we would like to thank you for your interest in volunteering with us. At this time due to some internal changes with staffing we are temporarily suspending the acceptance of applications.
Thank you to all volunteers who are now participating in specific programs and tasks, your help is a tremendous support to the library.
Please continue to watch this site for any updates.
Darlene Workman Sr. Services Coordinator/Volunteer Coordinator
It’s easy to volunteer at the Mentor Public Library: just fill out a Volunteer Registration Form.
- MPL welcomes volunteers ages 14 and over
- You will be contacted after completing a volunteer registration form
- If the Library is closed due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstance, a notice will be posted at mentorpl.org and will also be available through local news channels. If the Library is not open, volunteer duties will not take place on that day. As a volunteer, please check the status of the library before venturing out in bad weather, your safety is our #1 priority.
Teens: MPL is looking for reliable teens (14+) to help with our Children’s Programs. If you are interested, please contact Darlene Workman (at 255-8811 ext 241).
Adults: We are looking for a dependable adult who would be willing to donate their time of 2 hours 6:00 – 8:00 pm Mondays from May to October. The duties would be a Read House Steward, check out the Task Description. Any questions please call Darlene Workman @ 440-255-8811 extension 241 or Doreen Cogar @ extension 224.
Adults: We are looking for a dependable adult who would be willing to donate their time of 1-2 hours once every four (4) weeks on Thursday or Friday to deliver materials to our Homebound patrons, check out the Task Description. Any questions please call Darlene Workman @ 440-255-8811 extension 241 or Doreen Cogar @ extension 224.
For Current Volunteer Opportunities, please contact Darlene Workman (ext. 241) or Doreen Cogar (ext. 224).
Information and Forms:
- Volunteer Registration Form
- Background Check Disclosure
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteer Code of Conduct
- Library Behavior & Conduct Policy
- Waiver Form
- Parental Consent Form
- Volunteer FAQs
- Youth Volunteers
For additional volunteer opportunities, please consider joining the Friends of the Mentor Public Library.