“It’s a Mystery” Book Club @ Main
The “It’s a Mystery” book club meets to discuss Thriller, Suspense, True Crime, Noir, Detective & Mystery novels.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Tuesday…
- There is no meeting in January. Happy Holidays.
- February 4, we will discuss Mrs. Sherlock Holmes by Brad Ricca.
- March 3, we will discuss A Lady’s Guide to Etiquette and Murderby Dianne Freeman.
Colorful Characters Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Join us at the Lake Branch for our monthly book and coloring club for adults! We will discuss a different book each month and while we discuss you can enjoy coloring and refreshments.
From 10-11:30 am on Friday…
- January 3, we will discuss Chilbury Ladies’ Choir by Jennifer Ryan.
- February 7, we will discuss The Spy: a Novel of Mata Hari by Paulo Coelho.
- March 6, we will discuss The Obituary Writer by Ann Hood.
For more information, contact 440-257-2512 or email a Lake staff member.
Book Club for Men @ Main
Join male readers to discuss books of interest.
From 7-8:30 pm on Monday…
- No December meeting. Happy Holidays!
- January 20, we will meet to discuss Michael McFaul’s From Cold War to Hot Peace.
- February 24, we will meet to discuss Jon Krakauer’s Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mt. Everest Disaster.
Light refreshments will be served. Book Club for Men is free and open to the public. For a copy of the book or for more information, contact John F. at 440.255.8811, ext. 247 or email John Foster.
Headlands Branch Book Club
Adult patrons are invited to join us at the Headlands Community Center for the Mentor Public Library – Headlands Branch Book Club.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Wednesday…
- There is no meeting in December. Happy Holidays!
- January 15, we will be discussing The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
- February 19, we will be discussing The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.
Light Refreshments will be served. Registration is required. For additional information contact Josh Sebrasky @ 440-257-2000 or email Josh Sebrasky.
Senior Center Book Discussion
Join librarian Cailey W., on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 1:30-3:00 pm at the Mentor Senior Center, for a stimulating discussion of the bestsellers, classics and more.
From 1:30-3:00 pm on Wednesday…
- December 18, we will be discussing Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris.
- January 27, we will be discussing Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell.
- February 19, we will be discussing The Mapmaker’s Children by Sarah McCoy.
Monday Night Book Discussion@ Main
Join librarian Cailey W. for a stimulating discussion of bestselling books. The book club regularly meets on the 4th Monday of the month.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Monday…
- No December meeting. Happy Holidays!
- January 27, 2020, we will be discussing Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell.
- February 24, we will be discussing Behind Closed Doors B.A. Paris.
Book and Brush Club @ Main
Join Collection Development Manager Barb for a visual presentation based on the lives of artists and associated art movements based on art historical fiction and non fiction.
From 6:30-8 pm, on Wednesday…
- There will be no book club in December.
- January 22, 2020, we will be discussing The Marriage of Opposites by Alice Hoffman.
For more information contact Barb Hauer at 440.255.8811, ext. 210, or email Barbara Hauer.
Looking for more books by your favorite author, or want to explore similar authors? Not sure of the next book in the series you’re reading? Then you need NoveList Plus, a comprehensive online readers’ advisory tool. Using NoveList, you can search among hundreds of thousands of popular fiction and readable nonfiction titles, and also retrieve author read-alikes, book lists, book discussion guides, and more.
Plan your adult book discussion group’s season of readings around our sets of books and discussion materials. Check out a set with multiple copies from the library so everyone can be on the same page at the same time. Click here to go to the catalog and see what is available. (If you need additional copies, visit Information Services for assistance in locating more.)