“It’s a Mystery” Book Club @ Main
The “It’s a Mystery” book club meets to discuss Thriller, Suspense, True Crime, Noir, Detective & Mystery novels.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Tuesday…
- August 3, we will discuss Auntie Poldi and the Sicilian Lions by Mario Giordano on Zoom and in person (Village Room).
- September 7, we will discuss First Mistake by Sandie Jones
- October 5, we will discuss I’ll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara.
Book Club for Men @ Main
Join male readers to discuss books of interest.
From 7-8:30 pm on Monday…
- August 16, we will meet to discuss Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know about the People We Don’t Know by Malcolm Gladwell in the Village Room.
- September 20, we will meet to discuss The Feather Thief: Beauty, Obsession, and the Natural History Heist of the Century by Kirk Johnson.
- October 18, we will meet to discuss Transcription by Kate Atkinson.
Light refreshments will be served. Book Club for Men is free and open to the public. For a copy of the book or for more information, contact John F. at 440.255.8811, ext. 247 or email John Foster.
Gathering Moss Book Club @ Headlands
Calling all nature lovers, green thumbs and anyone else with an interest in talking about the beauty and mystery of the natural world. Join us for a rich discussion of some of today’s best nature titles.
- Wednesday, September 15, we will meet (in-person at the Mentor Headlands Community Center) to discuss Half Earth by E.O. Wilson, who states that “half of the Earth’s surface should be designated a human-free natural reserve to preserve biodiversity.”
For more information contact Josh at the Headlands library at 440.257.2000 or by email. Please click on the underlined date to register for a specific meeting.
Women Reading Funny Women @ Headlands
Come join us for a fun book club reading some of today’s funniest ladies.
- Wednesday, August 18, 2021, we will meet to discuss Dear Girls by the hilarious and Gorgeous funny woman, Ali Wong.This meeting will be at Morton Park 9325 Rosemary Lane at the pavilion. Registration is required. Call 440-257-2000 for more info.
For more information contact Alyssa at the Headlands library at 440.257.2000. Please click on the underlined date to register.
Monday Night Book Discussion @ Main
Join librarian Cailey W. for a stimulating discussion of bestselling books. The book club regularly meets on the 4th Monday of the month.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Monday…
- July 26, we will be discussing The Cold Millions by Jess Walters (on Zoom) in advance of his virtual library visit to Lake County of August 5.
- No meeting in August. Happy summer!
- September 27, we will be discussing The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah.
For more information contact Cailey W. at 440.255.8811, ext. 247 or email Cailey Williams.
Senior Center Book Club @ Online
Join Mentor librarian Cailey to discuss popular reads each month via Zoom. Copies of the book will be available for pick-up at the Main Branch of the Mentor Public Library. Call (440) 255-8811, ext. 247 to arrange pick up at the drive thru. Personal copies may also be used. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
From 12-1:30 pm, on Wednesday…
- No meeting in July.
- August 18, we will be discussing My Grandmother Asked Me To Tell You She’s Sorry by Fredrik Backman.
This program is in partnership with the Mentor Senior Center. Participants must be members to register. To register, call the Senior Center at 974-5725 or visit www.cityofmentor.com. This program is an online event and the event URL will be sent via registration email.
Looking for more books by your favorite author, or want to explore similar authors? Not sure of the next book in the series you’re reading? Then you need NoveList Plus, a comprehensive online readers’ advisory tool. Using NoveList, you can search among hundreds of thousands of popular fiction and readable nonfiction titles, and also retrieve author read-alikes, book lists, book discussion guides, and more.
Plan your adult book discussion group’s season of readings around our sets of books and discussion materials. Check out a set with multiple copies from the library so everyone can be on the same page at the same time. Click here to go to the catalog and see what is available. (If you need additional copies, visit Information Services for assistance in locating more.)
The book clubs listed below have been temporarily cancelled due to Covid-19.
Colorful Characters Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Join us at the Lake Branch for our monthly book and coloring club for adults! We will discuss a different book each month and while we discuss you can enjoy coloring and refreshments.
From 10-11:30 am on Friday…
- Temporarily cancelled due to covid-19. Watch here for updates.
For more information, contact 440-257-2512 or email a Lake staff member.