Most indoor in-person programs have been postponed/cancelled until further notice.
“It’s a Mystery” Book Club @ Main
The “It’s a Mystery” book club meets to discuss Thriller, Suspense, True Crime, Noir, Detective & Mystery novels.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Tuesday…
- June 1, we will discuss Murder List by Hank Phillippi Ryan on Zoom.
- July 6, we will discuss 7 ½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton on Zoom.
- August 3, we will discuss Auntie Poldi and the Sicilian Lions by Mario Giordano on Zoom.
Book Club for Men @ Main
Join male readers to discuss books of interest.
From 7-8:30 pm on Monday…
- May 17, we will meet to discuss Mrs. Shelock Holmes by Brad Ricca on Zoom.
- June 21, we will meet to discuss The Quiet American by Graham Greene on Zoom.
- July 19, we will meet to discuss Say Nothing: A True Story of Murder and Memory in Northern Ireland by Patrick Raddon Keefe on Zoom.
Light refreshments will be served. Book Club for Men is free and open to the public. For a copy of the book or for more information, contact John F. at 440.255.8811, ext. 247 or email John Foster.
Gathering Moss Book Club @ Headlands
Join readers to discuss books written for nature lovers.
- Thursday, June 3, we will meet at 6:30 pm (in person at Morton Park in Mentor Headlands) to discuss Buzz: The Nature & Necessity of Bees by Thor Hanson.
- Friday, June 4, we will meet (on Zoom) to discuss Buzz: The Nature & Necessity of Bees by Thor Hanson.
- Tuesday, July 13, we will meet to discuss National Book Award Finalist The Soul of an Octopus: A Surprising Exploration into the Wonder of Consciousness by Sy Montgomery.
- August 25, we will discuss a book TBD.
For more information contact Josh at the Headlands library at 440.257.2000 or by email. Please click on the underlined date to register for a specific meeting.
Monday Night Book Discussion @ Main
Join librarian Cailey W. for a stimulating discussion of bestselling books. The book club regularly meets on the 4th Monday of the month.
From 6:30-8:00 pm on Monday…
- May 24, we will be discussing And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie on Zoom.
- June 28, we will be discussing I See You by Clare Mackintosh on Zoom.
- July 26, we will be discussing We will be discussing The Cold Millions by Jess Walters (on Zoom) in advance of his virtual library visit to Lake County of August 5.
Senior Center Book Club @ Online
Join Mentor librarian Cailey to discuss popular reads each month via Zoom. Copies of the book will be available for pick-up at the Main Branch of the Mentor Public Library. Call (440) 255-8811, ext. 247 to arrange pick up at the drive thru. Personal copies may also be used. For more information, email email@example.com
From 12-1:30 pm, on Wednesday…
- May 26, we will be discussing The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George.
- June 23, we will be discussing Dust Bowl Girls by Lydia Reeder.
This program is in partnership with the Mentor Senior Center. Participants must be members to register. To register, call the Senior Center at 974-5725 or visit www.cityofmentor.com. This program is an online event and the event URL will be sent via registration email.
Looking for more books by your favorite author, or want to explore similar authors? Not sure of the next book in the series you’re reading? Then you need NoveList Plus, a comprehensive online readers’ advisory tool. Using NoveList, you can search among hundreds of thousands of popular fiction and readable nonfiction titles, and also retrieve author read-alikes, book lists, book discussion guides, and more.
Plan your adult book discussion group’s season of readings around our sets of books and discussion materials. Check out a set with multiple copies from the library so everyone can be on the same page at the same time. Click here to go to the catalog and see what is available. (If you need additional copies, visit Information Services for assistance in locating more.)
The book clubs listed below have been temporarily cancelled due to Covid-19.
Colorful Characters Book Club @ Mentor-on-the-Lake
Join us at the Lake Branch for our monthly book and coloring club for adults! We will discuss a different book each month and while we discuss you can enjoy coloring and refreshments.
From 10-11:30 am on Friday…
- Temporarily cancelled due to covid-19. Watch here for updates.
For more information, contact 440-257-2512 or email a Lake staff member.
Women Reading Funny Women @ Headlands
Join women readers to discuss books written by or about funny women.
For more information contact Alyssa at the Headlands library at 440.257.2000. Please click on the underlined date to register for a specific meeting.