We’re hosting donation drives all year as part of our 200th anniversary celebration.
This November, we’re collecting items for Broadmoor School and Lake County Board of DD/Deepwood. The mission of Deepwood is to EMPOWER people with developmental disabilities to ENGAGE in activities that ENRICH their lives and contribute to their community.
You can support Broadmoor, Deepwood, and its clients by donating items from its wish list at our Main, Lake and Headlands Branches, including:
- Stickers (holiday or themed)
- Foam stickers
- Holiday craft kits for three to six year olds
- Washable markers
- Dry-erase markers
- Stamp Pads
- Coloring Books
- Books that make noise like music or sound effects
- Easel paper
- Card stock paper (variety of colors)
- Butcher block paper
- Wrapping paper
- Colored yissue paper
- Colored Bingo stampers (variety of colors)
- Glue gun sticks
- Glue sticks
- Crafting pompoms
- Pencil boxes and pencil pouches
- Colored balls
- Silk flowers
- Tempera paint (red, yellow, blue, green, purple, black and white) (pint, quart or gallon)
- Christmas or any other holiday decorations
- Jingle bells
These supplies will provide students at Broadmoor School and participants of all ages in Deepwood’s Recreation Program to engage in creative activities, enhancing fine motor skills, enriching their quality of lives, and empowering them to achieve their goals.
Visit the Lake County Board of DD/Deepwood’s website for more information on their many programs and services.
By the way, our Year of Giving concludes this December when we collect for Toys for Tots and our annual Can Your Fines Food Drive.
Thank you for giving if you can! And check here for more ways you can enjoy 200 years of Mentor Public Library.