We’re hosting seven free computer classes at our Main Branch, including basic introductions to computers, the Internet, Facebook and Microsoft Word.
The classes include:
- an introduction to computers—our most basic computer class—at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 21. People will learn the basic skills they need to use a computer—no previous experience required.
- Microsoft Word I at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 21, and Microsoft Word II at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 22. Learn basic and then progressively more advanced techniques for Microsoft’s word processing software.
- introduction to Facebook at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 22. The hands-on class will demonstrate basic Facebook features and tips. Please come to class with your Facebook login information and password.
- basic Internet skills at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 22. Learn how to navigate the Internet. Participants will need to know how to use a keyboard and a mouse for this class.
- basic email skills at 2 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 23. Learn how to send emails and attachments, as well as reply to other people’s emails.
- introduction to PowerPoint at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 23. Learn the basics of PowerPoint and how to make a polished professional presentation.
All of the classes are free. However, registration is required and starts two weeks before each class. Anyone can register online or by calling us at (440) 257-2512.