UPDATE: On Nov. 25, Gov. Mike DeWine marked Lake County as Level 4 or “purple” on the color-coded Ohio Public Health Advisory System. Level 4 is the highest level of public emergency, indicating severe exposure and spread of COVID-19 in the county.
While Lake County is Level 4, Mentor Public Library will offer drive-thru or curbside services at all of its branches, but our buildings will be closed to the public.
Even though the buildings will be closed to the public, you can still:
- Pick up items from the drive-thru at our Main Branch and curbside at our Lake and Headlands Branches. You will need to place items on hold at the library before they can be picked up. You can either call us to place holds for you or do it online. Pick up will be available during our branches’ previous regular hours seven days a week until 15 minutes before the branch closes. Click here for details on our drive-thru and curbside service.
- Return items in our book/media drop off items.
- Call our librarians for reference help.
Also, we will still be hosting all of our scheduled online programs.
We will only be closed to the public while Lake County is at Level 4. If the county returns to Level 3 or lower, our buildings will reopen with all previous precautions (masks, social distancing, intermittent closures for cleaning) in place.
Cases of COVID-19 have increased the last several weeks in Lake County. Medical officials at county, state, and national levels all recommend the wearing of face coverings while in public to prevent the transmission of COVID-19. Here’s additional information from the:
We’re following the advice of experts so we can:
- keep you and our other patrons as safe as possible
- prevent additional spikes in COVID-19 transmission
- continue to provide library services to the community
- reopen to the public as soon as possible
Finally, our online services are still available 24/7. This includes ebooks, audiobooks, streaming music, videos, and more — which are available for free with your Mentor Public Library card.
- Hoopla, Kanopy or RBDigital for movies, TV shows, or documentaries that you can stream
- Hoopla (again) or Freegal for music, as well as Qello for concerts that you can stream
- OverDrive or Hoopla (again again) for ebooks, audiobooks, and comics
- Flipster for online editions of your favorite magazine
- Lynda and Niche Academy for online learning
Also, anyone with a CLEVNET card (that includes you!) has free access to Tumblebooks’ catalogue through Aug. 31. There’s read-along picture books, math help, foreign-language learning, and more! Check out:
- K-6 Children’s eBook Database
- K-6 Math eBook Database
- 7-12 eBook Database
- All Ages Audiobook Database
Tumblebooks even has a Romance Book Cloud for adults who are looking for something steamy to read while quarantined.
Visit here for more information on how to use our online resources. We also have hundreds of videos that you can watch on our YouTube channel, including author interviews and dozens of library talks that you can watch in their entirety.
The response to the coronavirus continues to evolve – not just in Ohio – but nationally and globally. Our status is SUBJECT TO CHANGE as circumstances evolve. We’ll keep you aware of any updates about our branches and services both on our website and social media.