Important links regarding coronavirus:
- Ohio Department of Health: COVID-19
- CDC: Coronavirus (COVID-19): Frequently Asked Questions
- Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions
- Ohio Department of Health: Stay at Home Order Frequently Asked Questions
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)-Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations
- SAMHSA: Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health: Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation During and Infectious Disease Outbreak
- US Small Business Administration: Disaster Loan Assistance
- COVID Act Now: Interactive Map to Take Action
- Johns Hopkins University & Medicine Coronavirus Interactive Map
- More links available on the Northeast Ohio-Regional Library System page
Mentor Public Library has closed its buildings temporarily to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Late fines and fees are waived while our buildings are closed. Furthermore, you’re encouraged to not return our already borrowed items until our buildings reopen.
We’ve specifically boosted our external Wi-Fi so it extends into the parking lot of our Main Branch and you can use it.
Additionally, our online services are still available while our buildings are closed. This includes ebooks, audiobooks, streaming music, videos, and more — which are available for free with your Mentor Public Library card.
- Hoopla, Kanopy or RBDigital for movies, TV shows, or documentaries that you can stream
- Hoopla (again) or Freegal for music, as well as Qello for concerts that you can stream
- OverDrive or Hoopla (again again) for ebooks, audiobooks, and comics
- Flipster for online editions of your favorite magazine
- Lynda and Niche Academy for online learning
Also, anyone with a CLEVNET card (that includes you!) has free access to Tumblebooks’ catalogue through Aug. 31. There’s read-along picture books, math help, foreign-language learning, and more! Check out:
- K-6 Children’s eBook Database
- K-6 Math eBook Database
- 7-12 eBook Database
- All Ages Audiobook Database
Tumblebooks even has a Romance Book Cloud for adults who are looking for something steamy to read while quarantined.
Visit here for more information on how to use our online resources. We also have hundreds of videos that you can watch on our YouTube channel, including author interviews and dozens of library talks that you can watch in their entirety.
All non-online library services (including telephone reference) will be suspended until our buildings re-open.
While we apologize for any inconvenience our closure may cause, the health of the community is paramount. We are following best-practice guidelines from health authorities and government officials to reduce the virus’s spread, especially to those in higher-risk groups.
The response to the coronavirus continues to evolve – not just in Ohio – but nationally and globally. Our status is SUBJECT TO CHANGE as circumstances evolve. We’ll keep you aware of any updates about our branches and services both on our website and social media.