UPDATE: Starting Monday, July 20, patrons (10 and older) will be required to wear face masks or coverings over their nose and mouth while inside Mentor Public Library branches. We are doing this to help ensure the safety of all our patrons and staff.
If you cannot wear a mask, we can still serve you at the drive-thru at our Main Branch or curbside at our Lake and Headlands Branches. If you need other services (printing, fax, etc.,) call us and we will work with you to see if a reasonable accommodation can be made.
Cases of COVID-19 have increased dramatically the last several weeks in Lake County. Medical officials at county, state, and national levels all recommend the wearing of face coverings while in public to prevent the transmission of COVID-19. Here’s additional information from the:
We’re following the advice of experts so we can:
- keep you and our other patrons as safe as possible
- prevent additional spikes in COVID-19 transmission
- continue to provide library services to the community
- continue to stay open.
Original Post: Mentor Public Library will begin the next step of our gradual reopening when we open our Main and Headlands Branches to the public on Monday, June 8.
Your community library will look different than when you last saw us. We:
- will close periodically throughout the day to clean common surfaces
- have installed screen shields at key locations to protect your health as much as possible
- will be wearing masks
- have capacity limits on how many patrons can be in our buildings
- have modified or removed seating areas to encourage a “browse and go” model
We realize that some of these changes may be inconvenient, but we are trying to balance service and safety. We want to provide as much service as we can while still keeping you as safe as possible.
For more information on the next step of our reopening plan, please click here.
Additionally, you can still pick up items from the drive-thru at our Main Branch and curbside at our Lake and Headlands Branches. You will need to place items on hold at the library before they can be picked up. You can either call us to place holds for you (starting Thursday, May 14) or do it online.
Pick up will be available during our branches’ previous regular hours seven days a week until 15 minutes before the branch closes. Click here for details on our drive-thru and curbside service.
Finally, our online services are still available 24/7. This includes ebooks, audiobooks, streaming music, videos, and more — which are available for free with your Mentor Public Library card.
- Hoopla, Kanopy or RBDigital for movies, TV shows, or documentaries that you can stream
- Hoopla (again) or Freegal for music, as well as Qello for concerts that you can stream
- OverDrive or Hoopla (again again) for ebooks, audiobooks, and comics
- Flipster for online editions of your favorite magazine
- Lynda and Niche Academy for online learning
Also, anyone with a CLEVNET card (that includes you!) has free access to Tumblebooks’ catalogue through Aug. 31. There’s read-along picture books, math help, foreign-language learning, and more! Check out:
- K-6 Children’s eBook Database
- K-6 Math eBook Database
- 7-12 eBook Database
- All Ages Audiobook Database
Tumblebooks even has a Romance Book Cloud for adults who are looking for something steamy to read while quarantined.
Visit here for more information on how to use our online resources. We also have hundreds of videos that you can watch on our YouTube channel, including author interviews and dozens of library talks that you can watch in their entirety.
The response to the coronavirus continues to evolve – not just in Ohio – but nationally and globally. Our status is SUBJECT TO CHANGE as circumstances evolve. We’ll keep you aware of any updates about our branches and services both on our website and social media.