Kids (six to 12 years old) can put their engineering skills to the test during our Egg Drop Challenge!
Here’s how it works:
1. First, you need to sign up! You can register online or call us at (440) 255-8811 ext. 221.
2. Beginning Monday Feb. 22, families can pick up an Egg Drop Kit from the children’s department in our Main Branch. (That’s the one on Mentor Avenue.)
3. Next, the kids will build their best contraption to keep their egg safe during a fall. The higher the drop it can survive, the better! (Families will have to provide their own eggs. It’s for science.)
4. Finally, kids need to return their contraption and an egg to our Children’s Department no later than March 1.
5. Once the kits have been returned, they will be tested to see which eggs can survive the drop from a Mentor Fire Department ladder truck.