Teens who want to take their cuticles to the next level can come to our Nail Art program this Thursday evening at Mentor Library’s Main Branch. (Register for it here.) The experts from Ladies & Gentlemen Salon and Spa will be there to offer some of their best tips and tricks.
Before we get to the advanced-level stuff, here’s some good advice the Ladies & Gentlemen nail artists offered the last time they visited us.
1. Always try to use a base coat before polishing your nails. This prevents them from yellowing.
2. Never pull at or tear hangnails. Use nail clippers instead.
3. Are you a nail biter and can’t seem to break the habit? Always keep a coat of polish on your nails. That will make you less likely to take a bite.
4. Just like with any other beauty treatment — so much of nail art is taking care of your body (in this instance, your nails and hands, specifically.) Try to keep your hands moisturized to prevent them from looking dry and cracked.
5. Along the same lines as Tip 4, keep the underneath of your nails clean to prevent the growth of bacteria and germs.
For more tips and some next-level nail designs, join us this Thursday.