Author Kylie Logan has written more than 30 mystery novels (including a few under her Casey Daniels moniker,) so you know she has some good stories to tell. Come hear them during a special program at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 9, at our Main Branch.
Logan is the author behind the Ethnic Eats, Pepper Martin, and League of Literary Ladies mystery series. She’ll discuss suspicious characters and explain why solving a whodunnit is so satisfying to readers.
Her talk is free to attend. However, we do require that you register beforehand. You can sign up online or call us at (440) 255-8811 ext. 247.
Logan’s visit is part of the Month of Mystery at Mentor Public Library. Throughout October, some of the best mystery and true-crime authors will be speaking at the library, including:
- Vivien Chien, author of the excellent Noodle Shop mystery series, will discuss her newest book, “Dim Sum of all Fears,” at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 5.
- Emmy-winning filmmaker Mark W. Stone and author James Badal (In the Wake of the Butcher: Cleveland’s Torso Murders) at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 7.
- Award-winning mystery writer D.M. Pulley to discuss her newest novel, No One’s Home, at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 8.
- Brad Ricca, author of Mrs. Sherlock Holmes, the phenomenal true story of Grace Humiston, the first woman U.S. District Attorney, at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 17.
- Jane Ann Turzillo, who will take us on a tour of the murderers, tricksters, train robbers, and more in Ohio’s wicked past at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 22.
All of these author visits are open to all, free to attend, and require registration. Additionally, they’re all hosted at our Main Branch.
During our Mystery Month, you can also:
- Learn about the eerie and odd legends of Lake County on Thursday, Oct. 10, at our Main Branch.
- Explore the secrets of the Lizzie Borden murders, the sinking of the Titanic and more with professional magician Jim Kleefeld on Tuesday, Oct. 15, at our Main Branch.
We also have mystery programs for all ages and at all of our branches, so visit our event calendar to see which intrigue you.