Which buildings are haunted? Was there really a monster on Little Mountain? Share your own local myths and legends and learn about other puzzling and extraordinary happenings in our own backyard during a special program at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 10, at our Main Branch.
Our friends from Lake County History Center will take you on a tour of the mysterious and macabre in our county’s history.
The program is free to attend and open to all. We only ask that you register beforehand. You can sign up online or call us at (440) 255-8811 ext. 247.
This special presentation is part of our Month of Mystery. Throughout October, some of the best mystery and true-crime authors will be visiting us, including:
- Vivien Chien, author of the excellent Noodle Shop mystery series, will discuss her newest book, “Dim Sum of all Fears,” at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 5.
- Emmy-winning filmmaker Mark W. Stone and author James Badal (In the Wake of the Butcher: Cleveland’s Torso Murders) at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 7.
- Award-winning mystery writer D.M. Pulley to discuss her newest novel, No One’s Home, at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 8.
- Kylie Logan (also known as Casey Daniels), the author of the League of Literary Ladies and Pepper Martin Mysteries series, at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 9.
- Brad Ricca, author of Mrs. Sherlock Holmes, the phenomenal true story of Grace Humiston, the first woman U.S. District Attorney, at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 17.
- Jane Ann Turzillo, who will take us on a tour of the murderers, tricksters, train robbers, and more in Ohio’s wicked past at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 22.
All of these author visits are open to all, free to attend, and require registration. Additionally, they’re all hosted at our Main Branch.
During our Mystery Month, you can also:
- Explore the secrets of the Lizzie Borden murders, the sinking of the Titanic and more with professional magician Jim Kleefeld on Tuesday, Oct. 15, at our Main Branch.
We also have mystery programs for all ages and at all of our branches, so visit our event calendar to see which intrigue you.