Everyone still has a chance to check out the makerspace at our newest branch, The HUB inside Mentor High School.
We’re hosting a bevy of fun and free programs where people can use the makerspace to create and customize cool accoutrements, including:
- Driftwood signs that can be used for home or office decoration at 3 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 5. Adults can use the makerspace’s laser engraver to carve a personalized message on a piece of driftwood found on the shores of Lake Erie.
- Customized water bottles at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 7. Kids (ages eight through 12) can use the makerspace’s vinyl cutter to personalize water bottles with logos of their favorite Cleveland sports team.
- Golf bag tags at 1 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 8. Adults can customize their gear using The HUB’s laser engraver.
- Wooden hair bows and bowties at 4:30 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 12. Parents or grandparents can make a unique gift for their favorite kid’s first day of school using the laser engraver.
- Personalized pencil cases at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 14. Meanwhile, kids can personalize a pencil case with glitter, gems and the makerspace’s vinyl cutter.
- Coffee mugs at 6 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 19. Adults will use the vinyl cutter to add some flash to their mug.
- Coffee cozies at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 21. Keeping with the caffeinated theme, adults can personalize a cozy to keep java warm.
- Tooth fairy boxes at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 22. Kids (ages five through 12) can celebrate National Tooth Fairy Day by making a wooden Tooth Fairy box using some imagination and a laser engraver.
Additionally, people can enjoy guided introductions to:
- The entire makerspace at either 2 or 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 6.
- The makerspace’s laser engraver at either 1 or 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 13.
- The vinyl cutter at 4 or 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 27.
All these programs are free to attend. However, all of them require registration. You can sign up online or call The HUB at 440-205-6011.
By the way, there’s never been a better opportunity to use The HUB’s state-of-the-art makerspace. We’ve expanded The HUB’s hours to noon to 8 p.m. on Monday through Thursday.
The HUB’s makerspace has a green-screen studio (complete with camera and editing equipment,) laser engraver, vinyl cutter, T-shirt press, large format printer, spiral binder, button maker, 3D pens, sticker printer, and mini-laminator.
People can use any or all of these machines to make the project of their dreams. They don’t need to be a student at Mentor High School or even a resident of Mentor. All they need is a CLEVNET card in good standing. Click here for more details or to make a reservation.