Matowitz is the perfect person to discuss prominent Mentor families like the Garfields, landmarks like the Wildwood Estate, and more. But he also has a mindful of spectacular Mentor stories that nearly nobody else knows, including:
- Mentor’s only Congressional Medal of Honor recipient
- the most fatal day in Mentor’s history
- the tale of the WWII pilot from Mentor who is buried in Normandy.
For more from Matowitz:
- The history of Mentor with Thom Matowitz
- Life after World War II with Purple Heart recipient Bob Zonneville
Speaking of history, you can also join us for our 200th anniversary party at 6 p.m. on Friday, July 12, on our Main Branch lawn. Help make a community mosaic of Mentor with Gail Christofferson of Animal House Glass.
Also, Tom Todd, the Amazing One Man Band, will perform from 6 to 7 pm. Bring your lawn chairs or blankets, sit back and enjoy a little bit of Jimmy Buffett. We will also have cake and contests. All are welcome and no registration is required for our party.