Update: Our Main and Headlands Branches will reopen with limited hours and additional safety measures on Monday, June 8. Click here for details.
Our buildings are presently closed to prevent the spread of COVID-19, but our digital services are still available. This includes ebooks, audiobooks, streaming music, videos, and more — which are available for free with your Mentor Public Library card.
Until we can re-open, we’re what we’re reading, watching, and listening to with you. And all of our suggestions are still available to borrow using our digital services.
This round of recommendations comes from our Reference Librarian Mary Pelton, one of our most prolific readers. She suggests reading:
- the Anne Bishop “Others” series which is one of her all-time favorites. (Written in Red, Murder of Crows, Vision in Silver, Marked in Flesh, Etched in Bone) all of which can be found in OverDrive.
- “Smoke Bitten,” Patricia Briggs new book in the awesome urban fantasy Mercy Thompson series
- Sarah Maas’s new series’ (Crescent Moon) first book (which was exceptional) “House of Earth and Blood.”
- Paranormal romance “Bears Behaving Badly” by MaryJanice Davidson
- “Fantastic Hope” a book of short stories edited by Laurell K Hamilton.
- Teen werewolf novella “Wolf’s Curse” by Kelley Armstrong.
- British paranormal crime novel “Midnight Riot” by Ben Aaronovitch
- Cecy Robson‘s contemporary romance “O’Brien series (Crave Me, Feel Me, Let Me, Save Me, Once Kissed) and her paranormal Weird Girl’s Flame series (Of Flame and Promise, Of Flame and Light, Of Flame and Fury.)
She’s also been binge watching Midsomer Murders, which you can stream for free on RBDigital via Acorn TV.
If you’re not familiar with our many digital services, check out:
- Hoopla, Kanopy or RBDigital for movies, TV shows, or documentaries that you can stream
- Hoopla (again) or Freegal for music, as well as Qello for concerts that you can stream
- OverDrive or Hoopla (again again) for ebooks, audiobooks, and comics
- Flipster for online editions of your favorite magazine
- Lynda and Niche Academy for online learning
Also, anyone with a CLEVNET card (that includes you!) has free access to Tumblebooks’ catalogue through Aug. 31. There’s read-along picture books, math help, foreign-language learning, and more! Check out:
- K-6 Children’s eBook Database
- K-6 Math eBook Database
- 7-12 eBook Database
- All Ages Audiobook Database