Update: Our Main and Headlands Branches will reopen with limited hours and additional safety measures on Monday, June 8. Click here for details.
Our buildings are presently closed to prevent the spread of COVID-19, but our digital services are still available. This includes ebooks, audiobooks, streaming music, videos, and more — which are available for free with your Mentor Public Library card.
Until we can re-open, we’re what we’re reading, watching, and listening to with you. And all of our suggestions are still available to borrow using our digital services.
Our Reference Librarian Meredith has been listening to some great music lately, and you can stream (or even download, in some cases) all of her recommendations for free.
Her playlist includes:
- Sara and Sean Watkins (of Nickel Creek) released an album together: “Brother Sister” which can been streamed from Freegal. You can listen to both Watkins Family Hour albums there too.
- You can also listen to Sara Watkins with her super group I’m With Her (also featuring Aoife O’Donovan and Sarah Jarosz). Their album, “See You Around” is available from Hoopla.
- All four Nickel Creek albums are also available on Hoopla.
- Sierra Hull’s new album “25 Trips” is on Hoopla, although Meredith prefer her two earlier records, “Daybreak” and “Weighted Mind.”
- Another great album she’s been listening to is “The Goat Rodeo Sessions” by Yo-Yo Ma, Stuart Duncan, Edgar Meyer & Chris Thile. Available on Freegal.
As for things Meredith has been watching, she’s relying on a pair of old favorites rather than watching new stuff. Two of her feel-good picks are Avatar: The Last Airbender and Amelie – both of which are on Hoopla.
For more pop-culture recommendations from Meredith, check out her podcast, No Talking in the Library. We share a new episode every Thursday!
By the way, if you’re not familiar with our many digital services, check out:
- Hoopla, Kanopy or RBDigital for movies, TV shows, or documentaries that you can stream
- Hoopla (again) or Freegal for music, as well as Qello for concerts that you can stream
- OverDrive or Hoopla (again again) for ebooks, audiobooks, and comics
- Flipster for online editions of your favorite magazine
- Lynda and Niche Academy for online learning
Also, anyone with a CLEVNET card (that includes you!) has free access to Tumblebooks’ catalogue through Aug. 31. There’s read-along picture books, math help, foreign-language learning, and more! Check out: