In 2019, we invite you to create with the newly opened makerspace at The HUB in Mentor High School.
If you have a Mentor Public Library card, you now have access to a:
- Laser Engraver
- Vinyl Cutter
- T-Shirt Press
- Large Format Printer
- Green Screen Studio
- Spiral Binder
- Button Maker
- 3D Pens
- Sticker Printer
- and Mini Laminator
Music videos! Personalized T-shirts, posters and pint glasses! Stickers, sculptures and etchings! You can make them with the makerspace.
If this sounds enticing but you’ve never heard of a laser engraver or vinyl cutter, then we can help with that too.
We have several programs this January that will introduce you to the makerspace and its resources.
- get a tour makerspace and live demonstration of its equipment at either 4 or 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 2, at The HUB.
- use the makerspace’s vinyl cutter to make customized drinkware at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 9. Feel free to use one of our glasses or bring your own.
- create custom tote bags with our vinyl cutter and T-shirt press at 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 15.
- get an introduction to the laser engraver at either 5 or 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 21. Get inspired for your next project and leave with an engraved souvenir.
- learn about the vinyl cutter, as well, at either 5 or 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 28. Discover what you can create with the cutter and get your own vinyl souvenir.
All these programs are free to attend. However, some programs are for different age groups. Also, we do ask that you register ahead of time. You can sign up online at our event calendar or call The HUB at 440-205-6011.
Just to be clear, you don’t need to be a student at Mentor High School or even a resident of Mentor to use The HUB’s MakerSpace. All you need is a Mentor Public Library card in good standing.
The HUB is open to all from 3 to 8 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and is located inside Mentor High School (6477 Center St., Mentor, OH). The Makerspace closes 30 minutes before The HUB.
Additionally, the price for Makerspace use varies by machine. See Makerspace Pricing @ The HUB for details.
For more information – including policies, procedures, and how to make a reservation – visit our MakerSpace page.