We recently hosted a paint night with artist Janie Walland. We’re sharing the program so that you too can make your own Starfish & Love painting.
Here are the supplies that Janie used (but you’re welcome to adjust them to your own taste:)
- acrylic craft paint (we used shades of aqua, yellow, and brown)
- cutouts of the letter L, V & E
- a pen or pencil to poke a couple of small holes in the canvas
- starfish, which you can get at a craft store
- paper towel for dabbing paint. (No brushes necessary!)
Have fun and get messy!
By the way, if you’re an art lover, then you should check out some of the Book & Brush talks that we’ve shared on our YouTube channel. Our own Barb Hauer discusses post-Impressionists and celebrates women artists like Helen Dryden and Lee Miller.
Also, if you’re looking for fun artistic projects that you can make at home, watch our Artpocalypse series. Each week, we suggest different crafts, artwork, and even science experiments that you can try.