Everyone feels stressed at times, but sometimes stress can become overwhelming.
If stress is disrupting your health and happiness, take the first step in controlling it by learning practical stress management techniques from certified health and wellness coach Lydia Skiljan.
She offers breathing, mindfulness, meditation, and self-care practices that you can do to reduce your stress and control how you react to it. (Here’s a handout for one of her breathing exercises.) During her talk, she’ll guide you through meditation and recommend other helpful resources.
Skiljan is a health professional with more than 25 years of experience. She even prepared a reading list of people who are interested in researching the topic more. They include:
- Permission to Feel by Marc Brackett
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life & Business by Charles Duhigg
- Being Peace bu Thich Nhat Hanh
- Hardwiring Happiness by Dr. Rick Hanson
- 10% Happier by Dan Harris
- Self Compassion by Kristin Neff
- Real Change by Sharon Salzberg
- You Belong by Sebene Selassie
- Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers by Robert Sapolsky
- Wherever You Go, There You Are by Jon Kabat-Zinn