Registration for most programs opens 14 days before the program.
All programs have been cancelled through April 12, 2020.
Wish Bracelet (Teens) @ The Hub
Join us at The HUB and get creative! Craft your own Braided Hemp Wish Bracelet! Ages 14-18. Registration Begins April 8th
This program is open to the public. The program will be held at the HUB at Mentor High School (6477 Center St). Call the library at 440-205-6011 for more information or register online.
Geek Club (Teens) @ Main
Grades 6-12. At Geek Club, join other teens as we do art projects, crafts, story journals and everything in between. At this month’s Geek Club we’re All experience levels welcome. There will be snacks! Registrations begins on April 8.
This program is free and open to the public. The program will be held in the lower level of the Main Library in the James Garfield Room. Call the library at 440.255.8811, ext. 247 for more information or register online.
Recommended Teen Books
- Teen’s Top 10 – YALSA – A “teen choice” list, where teens nominate and choose their favorite books of the previous year! Now listing the best of 2018!
- Kirkus Reviews Best Young Adult Books of 2018
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults – 2018
- “Best of the Best” Fiction for Young Adults – YALSA
- Printz Awards – An award for a book that exemplifies literary excellence in young adult literature.
- TIME’s 100 Best Young-Adult books of All Time – TIME compiled a survey to honor the best best books for young adults. (Produced in January 2015)
Test Prep Websites – SAT/ACT
Looking to Prepare for your SATs or ACTs? Try the following websites for tutorials and practice tests.
- Practice Tests and Training – Click on Access Learning Express Anonymously (Provided by Ohio Means Jobs)
- Khan Academy
Download eBooks & Audiobooks!
Don’t read your books – Listen to them instead! Not only can you download eBooks at MPL, but now you can also download Audiobooks. Audiobooks can now be loaded onto PCs, Macs®, MP3 players, and many other mobile devices directly from your computer at home.
Mentor Public Library has expanded its online services by adding “eAudiobooks,” available to download from the library’s Web site through a new service powered by OverDrive. The service is free to patrons with a Mentor Public Library card. Users will need to install OverDrive® Media Console™ a free software found on the library’s Web site. For more information, go to our Digital Library page or call 440-255-8811 ext. 215.