Registration for most programs opens 14 days before the program.
All in-person programs have been cancelled until further notice.
Recommended Teen Books
- Teen’s Top 10 – YALSA – A “teen choice” list, where teens nominate and choose their favorite books of the previous year! Now listing the best of 2018!
- Kirkus Reviews Best Young Adult Books of 2018
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults – 2018
- “Best of the Best” Fiction for Young Adults – YALSA
- Printz Awards – An award for a book that exemplifies literary excellence in young adult literature.
- TIME’s 100 Best Young-Adult books of All Time – TIME compiled a survey to honor the best best books for young adults. (Produced in January 2015)
Test Prep Websites – SAT/ACT
Looking to Prepare for your SATs or ACTs? Try the following websites for tutorials and practice tests.
- Practice Tests and Training – Click on Access Learning Express Anonymously (Provided by Ohio Means Jobs)
- Khan Academy
Download eBooks & Audiobooks!
Don’t read your books – Listen to them instead! Not only can you download eBooks at MPL, but now you can also download Audiobooks. Audiobooks can now be loaded onto PCs, Macs®, MP3 players, and many other mobile devices directly from your computer at home.
Mentor Public Library has expanded its online services by adding “eAudiobooks,” available to download from the library’s Web site through a new service powered by OverDrive. The service is free to patrons with a Mentor Public Library card. Users will need to install OverDrive® Media Console™ a free software found on the library’s Web site. For more information, go to our Digital Library page or call 440-255-8811 ext. 215.