Enjoy an insider and enthusiast’s look at our nation’s first national park.
Tom Offutt (both a former board member of the Yellowstone Association and founding member of the Yellowstone Foundation) shared stories from his more than 50 years of frequent visits to Yellowstone National Park.
Yellowstone’s flora and fauna are the stars of these stories, but you’ll also enjoy anecdotes about Bill Clinton, Ted Turner, and more. You’ll also learn how other Northeast Ohio natives contributed to Yellowstone’s history and success.
Yellowstone is both beautiful and a geothermic wonder with some of the biggest and most famous hot springs, geysers, and fumaroles on the planet.
If you want to learn more about this unparalleled park, we have dozens of books and documentaries that you can borrow. And if you want to learn more now, you can stream several spectacular documentaries on Yellowstone for free with your Mentor Public Library card. Enjoy watching:
- Wolves: A Legend Returns to Yellowstone
- Ken Burns: The National Parks
- Yellowstone: The World’s First National Park
- A Geology of North America from The Great Courses (the first two episodes focus on Yellowstone)
- Secret Yellowstone
- Christmas in Yellowstone
- Yellowstone: Realm of the Coyote
- Yellowstone: America’s Eden
- The World’s Greatest Geological Wonders from The Great Courses (the 25th episode highlights Yellowstone.)