Words on Wheels – Homebound Delivery
Words on Wheels is a free service offered to those Mentor residents who are temporarily or permanently homebound. The service is available to all age groups from children through senior citizens. We deliver a wide variety of print and audio visual materials right to your door. We’ll ask you about your likes and dislikes and select items based on those preferences. We deliver to individual residences and to group homes every four weeks. For details or to sign up for our Words on Wheels Service, contact Mentor’s Reference librarians at 255-8811, extension 204 or through email.
New patrons please fill out and return this Reading Survey so our librarians know what types of materials to send you.
Words on Wheels Guidelines
- Materials will be returned in a timely manner.
- Materials will be returned in the same condition in which they were received.
- By joining the Words on Wheels service, patron agrees that librarians will manage their library accounts (holds, check ins, check outs, renewals, etc).
- Library reserves the right to charge for lost/damaged materials.
- This is a complimentary service, we ask you treat our volunteers and staff with respect.
- Words on Wheels patrons must act in accordance with the Library’s Behavior and Conduct Policy when dealing with library staff or volunteers.
If these guidelines are not adhered to, the library reserves the right to cancel service at any time.
MPL has hand magnifiers located in the Information Services area, available to borrow internally upon request.
You will find step stools located throughout the collections and you can request long-armed “tongs” from the circulation desk to help reach items on the upper shelves. If you need assistance, however, please don’t hesitate to ask a staff member to help.
Walker baskets are also available at the Main Library for patrons who wish to load up on materials while browsing the shelves.
Our aisles, tables and computer desks are wheel-chair friendly.